Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell a difference between an evaporation line and an extreamly faint (mostly invisible!) line?
At first I didn't see a line at all so assumed a BFN, but then if I look at it on an angle, at the window, with the sunshine directly on it
there appears to be a super faint line.
Besides waiting, is there a way to tell by looking at the line?
PS: I'm 9 DPO.

·
Registered
953 Posts
god luck. I have 2 questionalbe tests this morning as well. I am so excited to test tomorrow and see a darker line. My tests were REALLY faint, and are tinged pink. I compared them to the other tests from the week, and they were all super neg, so i have hope since they are the same brand.

I dont have a lot of experience with evap lines. I think they are just different from pos lines. so i would guess, if they are pink, then they are BFP... Test again tomorrow. I will test with you!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So i went back and looked at my test i took this morning and i have a faint pink + and the control line is there now too. (when i took it earlier, nothing showed up at all) I'm not getting to excited but i will definitely test in the a.m. again

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this is all very exciting. Thanks for your replies. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you, too!!
When I went back to look at it, it was so faint that I couldn't tell if it was pink or grey, but the side part of the strip definitely had a pinkish hue.
I am sure that if I even took a picture of it it wouldn't show up, so I won't bother.
How many DPO are you, PookieMom and Got_Cloth? I will definitely POAS with you tomorrow, too!

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Test again on Monday.

I tested at 9 DPO with a digital and got BFN. I tested at 11DPO and got BFP (not a digital test)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your insight, jenangelcat. I am actually not feeling too hopeful just yet. I agree - it's a stretch.

I agree that 9DPO is super early. I had some spotting at 5DPO and I wasn't sure what it was from. It seemed a bit early for implantation spotting.
So....armed with a bunch of cheap preg. tests, I somehow though...hmmm...if it was early implantation spotting, then maybe a preg test could be pos. early too! I'm out on a limb though, here

Just a little case of the 2WW crazies!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm 12 dpo and i agree with PP, i'm being influenced by the 2ww crazys
:
. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's really hard not to, yanow? I do have one test left and i probably will take it in the morning.....and then we'll see what monday brings

·
Registered
953 Posts
I dont know how many DPO I am. This is not really a cycle, and i thought i ovulated about 12 days ago, but 8 or 9 Days ago, my OPKs were pos. we i dont know for sure....

and i have the crazies too.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK - so, I tested again this morning.
Once again, it looked negative at first.
Then, I could see a super duper faint line - especially when I put it up against a white wall.
In order to test my craziness I set up a test for myself. I mixed yesterday's and today's test up (marked on the back which is which) and tried to determione which was 'darker' (using the word darker very loosely
).
Two times in a row I chose today's test. It was a tinsey bit darker. So I am starting to get excited. But I am still trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but it is hard. We have been trying for 20 months and it has been such a rollercoaster ride. I am really trying to caontain my emotions. This is a new batch of tests so maybe they're more likely to have evap. lines....

·
Registered
953 Posts
i didnt see any line today.... on either of the 2 tests i took. LOL

good luck, maybe tomorrow you will get a darker, definitly BFP test!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PerkyKP View Post
Are these inexpensive tests? You could try using DH's pee on one and see if you get a comparable or different line with his.
If he'll cooperate.
That's a great idea! They are cheap tests. Unfortunately my dh is travelling for work right now. I am definitely going to remember that for nextr time!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Cloth View Post
i didnt see any line today.... on either of the 2 tests i took. LOL

good luck, maybe tomorrow you will get a darker, definitly BFP test!
That's too bad about your tests.

I'll update here with tomorrow's test.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
Unfortunately my dh is travelling for work right now.
Well surely the 3 year old would be thrilled if you asked him to pee in a cup.
:

Might make conversations a bit awkward around others though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
just wanted to say
:
:
: for
's for those of you testing this morning.

My first test at 10dpo was super light too.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Okay, so i went to get my last test under the sink this morning and it was gone!
: I'm digging around like mad, trying not to wee my britches and dh comes sauntering by, munch'n on a bowl of cereal...

dh: whatcha do'n?
me: (do'n the wee wiggle) can't find test
dh: well, i know where it is
me: WHERE!!!
dh: I hid it....I think you can wait till tuesday (walks away)
me:

So I guess I'll update tuesday...
:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.