Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
Hello mamas and forgive me for not being present from the start. I awoke to all the racist issues and had to sort through that. Still doing so.

First of all let me say that what I would like to offer is a page here at Mothering set up just for the Fairy and other giving lists. Of course those organizing would be responsible for only the lists they volunteerd for and not whatever arises for whatever other lists. I hope, Sheena, that it can all be worded and perhaps an FAQ included as part of the setup so the questions would be minimal and no one would have to spend chunk of time responding to people.

I do have a few questions though. This one for you Sheena: You said "I am afraid if they go to the TP we will become deluged with requests from people who are not on the list"

Do you mean by this that the Diaper Fairy is limited to only certain members in Diapering?
Please clarify that for me. I was under the impression that anyone at MDC could take part. If that's not the case then we need to discuss the very essence of the list intentions before proceeding. We must keep in mind that members who are not active posters to Diapering and new mommies that are thinking to CD might be interested in taking part.

That aside I do think if we set up the info page as an html page and permit everyone that wishes to link to it through their signatures then it should be fine and not need direct hosting in TP. What we could place in TP is a subforum (or rename the Swaps and Co-ops forum to Swaps Co-ops and Fairies or somthing like that) so that the extraneous posting about the topic could be corralled in one place and not spilling over into other boards. If threads are started we need a place to move them. We can't move threads to an existing thread unless we merge them which can get complicated. And then we do have the rules of the TP that would be something governing participation.

However, I can see that general discussion and pleasure posting can stay in a single thread in Diapering and in TAO or a thread that is in Diapering and TAO but redirected to TP and stickied. That's workable (i think).

Another question, this time for Raven:
"4. If a member wants to be a Fairy, they need to contact an Administrator for relevent details."

By Administrator are you referring to the organizers? I think the terminology would have to be changed so as not to confuse.

General question - is it necessary for the "I want/need" posts to be made to the board? Can we rechannel them so that the 'begging' is not given space?

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
I got a different understanding from Sheena who said "I am afraid if they go to the TP we will become deluged with requests from people who are not on the list"

I don't see how it is diffferent from being in Diapering which is a very active board with lots of new members. The criteria I do understand is the same as the TP criteria. But I got the impression from what Sheena wrote that the list is comprised of Diapering members only. An assumption on my part from what I read. So, is it TP criteria based and open to everyone boardwide that meets the criteria? If so is having it in Diapering limiting the community involvement to a certain subcommunity? Is that what is wanted? If so then it's not something we want to host. If it's a matter of not being able to handle the work involved in opening it up to the community then perhaps we could put out the word for help?

No one has mentioned the html page offer. Is it not necessary?

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricia80
Ok so if we are doing HTML pages.. whos doing them???

this conversation kinda stopped.. so im a bit confused at whats been decided... :LOL
Sorry Tricia. I've just been so busy this just kinda dropped down my list.

Someone can volunteer to do the html or I can do it/have it done. But I'm slow at getting things done.

But Raven do you want to keep the html for the Fairy list where it is? That's fine with me as long as it's not connected to an individual member's site and is not promotional in anyway.

What about the Diaper Fairy pages? What is desired there - MDC host it?

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
My concern about a subforum is this: everytime we add a new board, be it forum or subforum, it is a slight for other interests whose requests have been turned down or boards reduced to subforums or merged into existing forums.

Why my suggestion in it be in the TP? Because the Random Acts of Kindness has been hosted there comfortably and appropriately before these lists came to be. I wouldn't blame the active members there for asking for their own subforum too. And there we head into more and more extraneous subforums for topics that can be comfortably hosted in one place.

I can think of some options - like maybe a "Fairy Lists" link somewhere that would carry clickers directly to an HTML page describing the giving lists, including the Random Acts of Kindness, Diaper Fairy and Fairy Lists. Each would also have a link to the thread of discussion for that particular list.

Would that work?

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
Therre was a complaint from a member who gave to a mama in the Christmas Poor thread. She feels that from information she has received from others at other board communities that the member is not needy and is scamming MDC members for gifts. She's calling for protection of the community through a stop to such giving threads.

Need I say We won't be agreeing with her?

· Premium Member
25,974 Posts
Hi fairy mamas

So sorry for the delay. I've set up a subforum for "MDC Giving" and further subforums for MDC Fairy MDC Diaper Fairy and Random Acts of Kindness.

So now I'll advise the mods to move the threads on their boards to these specific areas. Anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.