Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,974 Posts
I got a different understanding from Sheena who said "I am afraid if they go to the TP we will become deluged with requests from people who are not on the list"

I don't see how it is diffferent from being in Diapering which is a very active board with lots of new members. The criteria I do understand is the same as the TP criteria. But I got the impression from what Sheena wrote that the list is comprised of Diapering members only. An assumption on my part from what I read. So, is it TP criteria based and open to everyone boardwide that meets the criteria? If so is having it in Diapering limiting the community involvement to a certain subcommunity? Is that what is wanted? If so then it's not something we want to host. If it's a matter of not being able to handle the work involved in opening it up to the community then perhaps we could put out the word for help?

No one has mentioned the html page offer. Is it not necessary?

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
No, sorry, it's not limited to Diapering mamas only. We made a requirement of posts (50, I think...) and time spent being a member before you could join up. You also had to provide your info before you can get anyone else's info.

What I meant was that I already get several emails a week asking me for people's info from people who have not signed up, either the requestor or the requestee. I can't maintain a list of everyone's addresses at MDC so it has to be limited to people who have signed up. Did I explain that right? It's not limited to Diapering folks only, although we are fairying, probably, 99% diapering items.

·
Registered
12,491 Posts
Ok so if we are doing HTML pages.. whos doing them???

this conversation kinda stopped.. so im a bit confused at whats been decided... :LOL

·
Premium Member
25,974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricia80
Ok so if we are doing HTML pages.. whos doing them???

this conversation kinda stopped.. so im a bit confused at whats been decided... :LOL
Sorry Tricia. I've just been so busy this just kinda dropped down my list.

Someone can volunteer to do the html or I can do it/have it done. But I'm slow at getting things done.

But Raven do you want to keep the html for the Fairy list where it is? That's fine with me as long as it's not connected to an individual member's site and is not promotional in anyway.

What about the Diaper Fairy pages? What is desired there - MDC host it?

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
I'm all about a subforum... That means, i guess, that I agree with Raven...Gee, who knew? :LOL The subforum idea would give everyone a specific place to go and find what they are looking for. Although, if you aren't keen on the idea, a sticky would work for me. Of course, that's alreay been discussed, huh? I have no original ideas at ALL!

·
Premium Member
25,974 Posts
My concern about a subforum is this: everytime we add a new board, be it forum or subforum, it is a slight for other interests whose requests have been turned down or boards reduced to subforums or merged into existing forums.

Why my suggestion in it be in the TP? Because the Random Acts of Kindness has been hosted there comfortably and appropriately before these lists came to be. I wouldn't blame the active members there for asking for their own subforum too. And there we head into more and more extraneous subforums for topics that can be comfortably hosted in one place.

I can think of some options - like maybe a "Fairy Lists" link somewhere that would carry clickers directly to an HTML page describing the giving lists, including the Random Acts of Kindness, Diaper Fairy and Fairy Lists. Each would also have a link to the thread of discussion for that particular list.

Would that work?

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Oh, come on... Sorry about the disrespect, but, really. Of course there is going to be some advantage taking. I mean, with over 15000 members, there has got to be a few bad apples. It is unrealistic to think otherwise. I understand that, if people are requesting it, then the idea must be put forward, but this is just too much. The fairy circle is random, and gifts of monetary value need not be sent. I am of the opinion that if I am to send something of monetary value to someone I have never met IRL, then it is just the luck of the draw so to speak.

So, I guess, my vote on this is a resounding NO of epic proportions.
:

The majority of those at MDC are decent people who are here for support, advice, and like-minded conversation.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I agree with Raven.

Not to mention, the Fairy threads are not just for people who are needy but for all members. I could have an annual income of $500,000 or $5,000 and I would still be eligible. The Fairy Lists are simply about doing something nice for someone else.

I do think we need to reconsider the Santa threads for this holiday though.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.