Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your situation sounds very familiar. My DS is also almost two. If all goes well at night, he nurses to sleep in our bed and I am able to sneak out after about 30 to 45 minutes (usually by 8:00). Other nights, he will not let me unlatch him and still other nights I fall asleep. Like you, I really crave that hour a night or so to unwind, read, watch tv, alone time with DH, fold laundry, whatever. Some nights he will stay asleep for a couple of hours, but still other nights (like lately
) he has me going back and forth until I finally give in and just stay in bed. The whole process is really daunting sometimes, especially since I am the only one he wants at night. Backrubs by dad are not good enough. On the other hand, during the day his nanny is able to get him to sleep by simply telling him it is nap time (although he naps in his car seat in the kitchen and not in bed, which might be the difference). I would love to be able to figure out how to read in bed, but I do not think it is possible to do in the dark and laying on my side!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts