Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DH and I have decieded to HS our 8 and9 year olds when school is out.<br>
My parents think this is rididulus. I work from home from about 8:30 to 3:00. and was planning on HS after that. I figure that it does not need to be in the morning and can be when I am done working. Plus DH is a stay at home dad and can do things with them.<br>
My parents think we are crazy, because we also have 3 little kids that are 3, 18 months and 5 weeks. They think we will never school them.<br>
I love my parents and realize it is a choice I have to make, but since i am sooooooooooooo close to my mother, I hate to hear from her that I am doing soemthing wrong, KWIM?<br>
I just cannot deal with the city school system any longer and the kids really want to try it.<br>
I figure it will give us more time to spend together.<br>
Any ideas on how to convince them this is better?<br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I would give them as much info as possible and maybe a one on one convo about it and why you want to do it and just let them know that you love your kids and you are doing what you think is best.<br>
My mom (and step dad) and I are very close and she felt the same way as your mom and dad when I first told her. Now 3 years later she is very comfortable with it. But, I do know how it felt when she looked at me like I had gone nuts, and it does not feel good. But, I know we have to do what we think is best for our son. I think they have to see it happening and know that the kids will still be "normal" and that you are all happy doing it to feel comfortable with it. My dad on the other hand does not like the idea, be we agree to disagree.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts