Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DC (3.5+), DH and I sleep on a double pushed together with a single in one room.<br><br>
DC started asking to sleep in her own room a couple of months ago. She has only asked a few times and the first time was right before a big vacation so I asked her to wait until we got back.<br><br>
She asked again a few nights ago. I moved the bed, read her a book and she told me to go. (very interesting, indeed!) But, she didn’t fall asleep and ended up back down stairs and then in bed with me (DH is away).<br><br>
Anyway, I’m not sure she’s ready to be in her own room all nigh but I think she may need some space. I’m worried that she’ll want to sleep part of the night in her room and then come to us, which would be fine but we’ll need to move the single in her room and there won’t be room for her if she wants to finish the night in our room.<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hmmm... my DS is much younger than your DD but I did have a thought for you, and it's actually from my own life experience. I co-slept with my parents for part of the night for a long time (until I was about 10) but they quit wanting me to actually get in bed with them when I was about 3 I think, so my mom made me a cozy little corner with a sleeping bag on the floor. I loved it. I would start out in my bed, but I had frequent nightmares, so I'd usually come into their room at about 1am. I had some stuffed animals there and a pillow and I'd sleep there until morning. Lots of times I didn't even wake up my parents. Anyway, might this help your DD? It would still be a nice place for her to come be with you at night, but she'd get her own bed and room as well. I have very fond memories of those nights in my parent's room..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts