Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p> </p>
<p>My mom just got divorced from my now ex-stepfather.  The guy who she divorced was always my son's Papa since he was a baby and still is to him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since the divorce his Papa has been totally out  of lour life since he moved out of my mom's house.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I continously wonder if I should contact him for Brendan's sake or just forget about it ?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
<p>I say contact him. He may not be contacting you because he doesn't want to intrude on your life. He may have no clue that you would like him to continue to be involved in your ds's life. My motto has always been that the more people to love and care for my ds, the better. Blood or not doesn't matter. It's how they treat him that does. There are some blood members of his family that I would cut out in an instant, if I could, because they are toxic to him. There are some members of our family that are not related by blood to ds that I would never ever think of cutting off contact with, even if something happens and they are no longer "related".</p>

Reactions: Minxie

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
<p>i totally agree with steph.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i would also let your mom know what your plans are so she is not too surprised. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>dd's favourite (now dead) gparent was a non blood gma. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts