Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decluttered some fancy talcum powder from the bathroom. It smells lovely, but honestly, I have no idea what to do with it. It's easily a decade old, and has been used maybe twice in that time. I think I've dumped it into stinky sneakers a few times, but we're talking a very full bottle of talcum.

Can I make sachets with it? How would I keep it from seeping out of the fabric? Any ideas?

Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
It's actually talc? That's stuff isn't good to breath. I think it's also been linked to cervical cancer or something. So I'd just pitch it, even though I hate to waste things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I just checked. It's "Crabtree and Evelyn" Lily of the Valley talc and the ingredients list : talc and magnesium carbonate.

I have no idea where it came from. Probably a gift, but it's been sitting above the toilet for years. It was an easy thing to declutter, now that I think of it!

Would you/could you compost it? Any way to seal it in a sachet, or just not worth the trouble? wwyd?

·
Registered
232 Posts
It makes a great ant killer if you ever have a problem with them. Every couple of years we'll get them in our pantry or something for whatever reason and a line of powder works absolute wonders at getting rid of them. Just be sure not to inhale it.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
This thread just reminded me of Amelia Bedelia, "Dust the Living Room." No don't do that. Like pp's said Talc is not good for you. I'd go the ant killer route.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Talc can halt bacteria growth on a rash, which cornstarch will not do. You just don't want to breathe it.

Use it to deter ants if you don't want it on you. It's certainly a lot less toxic than ant spray!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.