Mothering Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
This morning I grudgingly ate my oatmeal, because we were out of fruit. And then it came back up. So here it is noon and I have no food in my stomach and still the nothing keeps coming up, so on the way to the grocery store my husband took me to Arby's and I got the pecan chicken wrap, which is the closest thing I can get to a chicken salad sandwich. It had grapes, apples, celery (crunchy!), and pecans. It was pretty good. I just couldn't stomach the thought of bacon and turkey and mayo. It would just be too much!!!

I think I'm over the taco thing. I was also craving that hot sauce type flavor in them for a while, but I think I've just had too many.

It seems like no matter what I eat, my stomach is still queasy, but after a piece of fruit it's not. So I'm sticking with fruit this week. I got apples, nectarines. bananas, grapes, pears, strawberries, and blueberries. And all organic, so it wasn't cheap. I hope they last a week.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Root beer and Taco Bell sounds awesome!!! Maybe tomorrow while I am out grocery shopping....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Do it, denton... it's quite satisfying! I had 4 in a week! That took care of the craving... and I was reverted to my childhood bliss for those few short moments... :wink:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I was thinking about all of us that are eating less-than-perfect right now, and realized that it's most likely just fine. Once the first trimester ends and all the yuckiness subsides, we will probably go back to our regular eating and everything will even out. So pig out!!! Haha... just kidding :grin:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Pasta used to be a once a month treat. Now I want it once a day! And gelato for snack, then before bed. I have to keep a food log for the midwife, and that is seriously helping me not to go too nuts, and I want my log to be honest. I know the first trimester is critical for development, but what woman in the first trimester gets an ideal diet? None! I'm leaning on my pre-pregnancy diet to get me through these next few weeks. Hopefully my nutrition stores were full. We can take each day one at a time. But ya'll have put a serious bug in my ear. Last week someone mentioned Pad Thai, and that's immediately what I ate. Now I have chalupas, and Mexican pizza, on my brain.....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh Chalupas! Mmmmm. Haven't had that since college. I live in a small town and we have an abysmal selection of restaurant food so Taco Bell would be my only choice. I suppose that might be the solution to my pregnancy constipation, though. *shrugs* :p

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have not indulged in soda, but I did get a ginger beer (not real alcohol) the other day that was sparkling and it was actually okay. And helped with the nausea. I'm just afraid of aspartame or high fructose corn syrup, or else I would love to have a coke or pepsi.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
A giant chipotle burrito actually has made my queasiness disappear twice! Crazy.

Reactions: Valerie11

·
Registered
154 Posts
We're totally having tacos for dinner tonight. I'm soo looking forward to it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Broke down today, got a large vanilla bean and orange coolata at DD's. With whipped cream. Disgustingly delicious in this heat!

Reactions: jodieanneanton

·
Registered
742 Posts
Me and DH were just joking that all I could keep down my first trimester w/ my first was Burger King lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
All I can think about is Taco Bell tacos. Ordinarily that is the grossest thing in the world to me, but right now? Oh my God, gimme. (DH is like, "I won't let you feed that crap to our baby!" and I'm like, "do NOT get in my way.")
I have been craving Taco Bell too! And my hubby also said no way. I haven't actually given in, but it's all I think about!
I have been picking up these stupid grownup lunchable P3 protein things with ham, cheese, and almonds. Totally not crap I would eat normally, but when I'm pukey in the grocery store they are getting through.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts