Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 yr old dd has consistently HUGELY fat poops (seriously wider in diameter than any poop I've ever done)! Poor girl! They are lightish in colour but don't float. She isn't constipated - she goes twice a day. I've been encouraging her to drink more water, and eat more fruits and veggies, but no change so far.<br><br>
Any ideas?

·
Registered
792 Posts
How much grains is in her diet? I've read about fiber from grains causing the big fat poop, but fiber from fruits and veggies shouldn't cause that. If there is too much grain in the diet, I'd cut back and increase healthy natural fat and protein instead.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My dh and I joke that our kids have poohs the size of their legs, lol. I don't know what causes it though! I think things like shredded wheat can cause light poohs, from my experience.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense - she's a carb-o-holic. If left to her own devices she'd munch on bread, crackers and cereal all day long. I'll continue to try to up the veg and fruit, as well as healthy fats and proteins (but oh it is a battle to come up with anything she likes), and cut back on the grains.<br><br>
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts