Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DS is 16 months. I really like the idea of giving a Father's Day gift that reflects fatherhood, and is something DH will use while fathering. Last year, I got him an Ergo. He loved it. What are some spectacular ideas for this year?<br><br>
Also, for grandfather's, I hope to make some sort of craft that DS can actually do, it's not just me doing it for him. Any ideas? For mother's day, we're giving the grandmas a clay handprint to hang on the wall. If I can't come up with anything better, we'll do a footprint for the grandpas.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Our Father's Day tradition with is for all 4 of us to go to a baseball game together -- on Father's Day morning, we make breakfast for DH and present him with the kids' homemade cards with the tickets inside.<br><br>
For FIL, one year I had DS make a handprint with paint and put it in one side of a hinged frame, with a photo of DS fishing (FIL's favorite hobby) in the other side.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
For Mothers/Fathers day, we normally do a "day off" for each other. I don't know maybe I'm the only one, but what I mostly really want is lots of unadulterated time to myself.<br><br>
I will probably make a nice dinner reservation somewhere for DH, but otherwise we will let him have the afternoon to himself to do nerdy things he likes to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts