Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay we are running into a problem lately. Sara is in daycare part-time(e days a week) right now and so we need our fuzzi bunz for daycare. The other two days a week my dh is home with both girls. He absolutely hates the prefolds and will not use them. We keep a small package of sposies for the sitter(she's so-so on cloth) so he ends up using them while I'm at work and it's costing us a bundle to keep buying. He prefers fuzzi bunz but we can't afford to buy enough for her to be in them full-time at daycare and home. So I'd like a few affordable fitteds for him to use. I knit, I don't really sew so sewing my own is out of the question unfortunately. Prefolds are fine for me but he despises them and won't use them(which stinks because he really used to be GOOD at snappi'ing prefolds!). I don't have enough prefolds to send to someone to make prefitteds for me and that can get expensive anyway. So who has really cheap fitteds that will work well for my wiggly 18month old skinny baby?????

Oh and by the way, I have been stalking the TP for used cheap used fitteds as well and trying to barter some knitting for fitteds so I am utilizing that option!
Meg

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do you want a cheap fitted that is absorbent, or just something super cheap? Because I've found you get what you pay for. If it ends up leaking or you have to change the baby every 30 minutes, then maybe it is better to just go ahead and get what you really want. Decent fitteds are usually around $10 each (at least). For $10 you can get Fuzzi Bunz seconds without inserts. You can use your prefolds as inserts.

Check diaperpin.com for reviews on fitteds though. There's TONS of brands out there. Bella Bottoms is cheap (around $8 per diaper) but you might want a doubler; they are very well made though and cute. I think that's the least expensive one I've tried.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts