• Aqua Doula

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • other-specify

Votes: 8 21.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
This may not count since I've only had the one birth in a kiddie pool, but I had absolutely no problems with it AT ALL! It held my weight on the sides, was deep and roomy enough to fully submerge my belly and move around, and it was soft on the sides and bottom.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I haven't used any others, but I had a kiddie pool (Intex) for my HB last year and it was GREAT! Cheap, easy to use, big, comfortable, held the heat well, supportive...and we used it as a kid pool all summer!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well, I'll jump on the bandwagon here and say that I used and loved the round fishy pool. I spent most of my time kneeling and appreciated the inflated bottom. I loved hanging over the side of it during contractions; we draped a towel on the edge and I squished my face into it and yelled. (I thought I was being super loud, but my MW said they could barely hear me, so I guess it also works to dampen sound.)
It was extremely sturdy and kept the water warm for more than eight hours (we floated bubble wrap on top and covered it with a quilt until I was ready to get in).

The price was also right!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I voted other - Spa-in-a-Box is mine. Used it twice myself and ended up buying & renting them out to others. They're great. The only other tub I've used for birth was the Aquadoula and I didn't love it although it had the same dimensions.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I used a fishy pool. I worked great for me and I would use it again. But if I'm able to get my hands on something else for cheap, I would do that.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I voted for the fishy pool. I love love loved it. Cheap, easy and comfy. Win, win, win.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My midwife provided the pool. Which was great. It actually wasn't a pool at all but a really big cow trough (sp?). Anyway, it was nice and big. We lined it will pillows and plastic. I spent active labor in it when I wasn't on the toilet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.