Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something good in anticipation of the "belly itchies" and also the cold dry winter. I just bought some Nature's Gate Tea Tree Oil handlotion, which I love. But I need something for the whole body, and also suggestions for pregnant belly balms.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
I absolutley LOVE KIss MY FAce lavender body lotion with shea butter! it is sooo yummy and so far I have not gotten any stretch marks. I also made my own belly balm using a combination of sweet almond oil,vit e oil, avacado oil shea, coconut & mango butters (though the kiss my face is still by far my fav!) I also use a cocoa butter by Jason that is fabulous!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i love EO lavender lotion, burt's bees buttermilk, and kiehl's creme de corps. while pregnant though i bought a bottle of some sort of trader joe's oil (i think jojoba -- the one that is supposed to be good for stretchmarks) and used it to keep them at bay! don't know if i can attribute it to the oil, but i didn't get any on my belly! (thighs are another story though)

·
Registered
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I absolutely LOVE The Body Shop's Body Butters. I am currently using the Olive Oil one. They are very nourishing and the smell is great-not overwhelming, but there and really, really yummy. They are kinda pricey ($16) for a tub, but literally I've been using the same one for probably a full year. So, for me they are worth it~

·
Registered
50 Posts
I LOVE the Body Shop Body Butters, too! But while pregnant I used body oils on my belly, either pure Vit E or Burt's Bees - I liked both the lemon oil and the Baby Bee Apricot oil. And no stretch marks - yippee!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.