Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone? It's nearing time for that blessed yearly exam (oh boy!). Who is your favorite? I'd love to find a CNM whom I could possibly go to when time comes for the next kiddo... do any CNM's in UC deliver at the new Bella Natal Birthing Suites?

Any help will be much appreciated!

TIA!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about the CNMs here for hospital births. I would suggest calling Bella Natal. It's more of a birth suite where you choose whichever provider, DEM, from the community is willing to attend rather than a birth center staffed by CNMs. I don't think CNMs would attend deliveries there. Many CNM practices here are associated with the hospital they attend deliveries at. They might be fine for a pap though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I go to the American Fork Midwives for care. I have heard great recommendations for them from professionals in the birth field (doulas and midwifes etc.). I liked them a lot. They are in hospitals but my friend had a fantastic all natural birth with them twice.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
As a childbirth educator and doula, for a CNM birth in Utah County I'd pick the Mt. Timp. group. It's an on-call rotating group, though, so you don't get to pick who will actually be at the birth. I have not heard great things about New Beginnings in Orem (mandatory continuous fetal monitoring, etc.).

BellaNatal is awesome. CNMs can't go there, though, unless they are willing to give up hospital births and can get an OB to sign permission for them to attend births there. At this point I know that all of the midwives of Better Birth go there: http://www.betterbirth.com Suzanne is my mw and I really like her a lot.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm sure Holly would go to Bella if you wanted her to. She is an RN who is a home birth midwife, which may be more what you're looking for....

Holly Richardson
Cherished Moments Maternity Care
[email protected]
801-369-2836

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.