Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been recommended that I start eating fermented veggies. Saurekraut was the recommendation, but I'm not terribly fond of it (although I do like Kim Chee). My main concern is that it not be something that is too smelly. DH has a thing about fermented veggies, he did a tour in Korea and now can't even stand the smell of Kim Chee.<br><br>
There are very few veggies I/we dislike, my main concern is really the smell (since it won't get past his nose if it's stinky). So what's your favorite fermented veggie? Share your recipes.<br><br>
Oh, and how often do you eat your fermented veg?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love fermented veggies - I eat them 2-3 times a day. My favorite is salsa -- once a week I chop up tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime and put them in a mason jar. I add 1 Tsp salt and some vegetable starter I get from <a href="http://www.bodyecology.com" target="_blank">www.bodyecology.com</a> (I have also made it with whey). I let it sit out for 3-5 days and then I transfer to the refrigerator.<br><br>
Salsa is great with eggs, burritos, or whatever.<br><br>
As far as the smell -- for me it was a matter of getting used to it. Now I don't even smell it.<br><br>
Also, I love having fermented veggies on hand because I can put them with some greens and I have an instant salad without chopping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts