Mothering Forum banner

Favorite front-style carrier for housework?

• Ring Sling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that, for us at least, a ring sling doesn't work very well for housework. DD fusses whenever I have to bend, run around, dishes, etc. So what would be the best carrier? What's your favorite?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a hotsling and I can go as far as vacumming and doing dishes with DD in it. She is completely content as long as you keep some motion going. I would really like to get an Ergo though, those seem like they would be super comfy and sturdy enough to bend over and do more.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a hotsling and ergo. I use the hotsling for fussy baby hour but when I am really moving and getting things done I do the ergo (which I LOVE and wish I had bought it for DS1) but I recently figured out back carrying. For some reason I was afraid of this but it really is so much easier. Now I can do so much more and the baby isn't in the way so I don't find myself having to move like I'm still pregnant, know what I mean?

Try back carrying when your DP is home so you can get comfortable with it...you'll find housework so much easier!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
When my first child was a newborn I used a wrap and then a MT when he was a bit older (and was starting to lean backwards all of the time -- drove me crazy). With my second I started back-carrying from about 4 weeks old and it was sooooo much better for housecleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.