Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-- Although I'm a SAHM, I feel like the kitchen is consuming all my time between preparing food then cleaning it up. I'd like to stock my freezer/pantry with healthy stuff I can pack for the kids for busy appointment days, or just days I want to spend an extra-long day at the beach or park.

Here's what I'm trying so far:

1. Whatever meat/veggies I have left over from dinner go into frittatas I bake in muffin tins while I do the dishes. 1 egg, plus filling, makes 2 "muffins"

2. I've been making lots of Paleo muffin recipes and freezing them. Great to freeze individually and they thaw quickly.

What are your favorite portable meals?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea on the jar! What size? I only have the standard canning size (ha, I don't even know what size that is offhand), but if I could find some in the 1/2 cup range, that would be awesome. Can you freeze soaked oats?

I bake the filling, egg, splash of cream in silicone muffin liners at 350 for 15-20 minutes. I just keep an eye on them while I clean up the kitchen. The silicone liners are great because I don't even have to use a muffin tin- I just set the liners on a cookie sheet.

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Cool. I think I will have to buy some of those silicone pans anyway. Are they safe? In the meantime I will use a metal muffin pan. I have never frozen the oats but I do make them and they last at least 4 days. Let me know if you need the ratios. I do think my jars are 2 cup size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts