Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is 3 years old and recently has begun resisting wearing a diaper to bed--because he is "not a baby". However, he DOES wet--often copiously--when he sleeps at night (he is day trained and rarely wets at naps). Poor guy actually woke himself up last night to ask to go to the potty, because he wants out of diapers so bad...He still wound up wetting them at some point after he went back to bed.<br><br>
So, I need to get some trainers that I can pass off to him as "nighttime underpants". I don't think it'll matter if they're thick, they're gonna need to be. What's good out there in the land of nighttime trainers???

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have Kooshies, Babykins, Bummis and some homemade fleece trainers, and the best after my fleece ones are the Babykins. I got them at borntolove.com.<br><br>
The Bummis don't hold a full preschooler pee, and the Kooshies hold but wick up the waist so badly the bed and jammies will be wet no matter what.<br><br>
The babykins hold the pee, breath well, don't wick and the inner part isn't sewn to the cover so they wash thoroughly and dry more quickly than the rest.<br><br>
That's my humble opinion, anyways. PS my 4 yr old is 30 lbs with a 20" waist and 11" thighs and we use the XL Babykins, XL Kooshies and L Bummis.<br><br>
HTH!

·
Registered
850 Posts
We have tried a few things:<br><br>
Toddling Tots are fleece inside, with a sewn-in hemp liner & free-floating doubler - really nice.<br><br>
Motherease Bedwetter pants - hate the name, very very durable but not art. PUL outside, cotton terry inside.<br><br>
Happy Heiny pocket trainers - nice fuzz inside, stuff with whatever you like, hemp doublers are awesome. These are my current faves<br><br>
But since I have 2 night-wet children, I sometimes almost wish I had NOT got them all this nice stuff to wear at night - I wonder if they will ever stop peeing in bed?? I'm not totally serious when I say this... But I do know a mom of 5 who simply let her children pee in their beds until they figured out not to - it didn't take them that long, according to her, it was just an extension of their daytime dryness. I don't know your situation but I pass that thought on fwiw

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
We're having luck right now with the Happy Heiny Trainers. We got ours at mamaessentials.com, but there is someone on the trading board selling 4 new size mediums (30-40 lbs) right now for only 12ppp each! Great deal if you want to try them out. We stuff with a premium *and* and infant prefold and they work great.<br><br>
Good luck,<br>
Kay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts