Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen123
We love oobleck.

We use the same stuff as 3girls1boy does. Wonderful stuff. We mix the food coloring in with the water BEFORE adding it to the mixture. I also like making my own because if wee kids eat it , it won't hurt them.

One of my favorite all time playdough recipies is for Peanut Butter Playdough. My youngest dd has a severe allergy to peanuts/treenuts. We don't use this anymore. But the older two loved it.

* 3 1/2 cups peanut butter
* 4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 1/2 cups honey
* 4 cups dry milk powder

In large bowl, cream together peanut butter and confectioners' sugar, then beat in honey and fold in milk powder. Divide into equal portions and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
We do peanut butter playdough too, except without the confectioner's sugar. I do 1 part PB, 1 part Honey, and the add dry milk until it gets to a consistency we like. Lately I've done less honey in it because DD doesn't seem to like a strong honey taste. This works really well as an activity before lunch, because we get bread and eat it for lunch
Wash hands before digging in

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.