Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Virgin mobile (cell) phones for years but when I moved to a new town, I hardly get a signal at all. I've called Virgin but all they said is that I 'should' be getting a great signal and it must be a phone defect. They would send the same model phone out to me as a replacement.

Trouble is, I need another phone IMMEDIATELY. My father is in intensive care and my child goes to preschool....so I absolutely need to be reached when I'm not at home.

My brother likes TracFone but he doesn't live near me so I'm not sure if it would work well near me.

So, if you have a prepaid phone and you LIKE IT, please let me know!
Also, please tell me what town you're in so I'll know if you're near me (if you don't want to tell the general public where you are, please pm me!)

Thanks so much!
Phaedra

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, the AT&T people were just being jerks. My sister had AT&T and lived on the Ocean!
The only problem I've had with Virgin is when we went out to North Central US and they have no network there. That and I don't always get notified when I have a message.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have had a tracfone for 3+ years and never had any problems. I am in Westford and use in mostly in the Westford, Chelmsford, Lowell, Andover, Dracut, Littleton, Leominster and the Nashua, NH area. The only place I have a problem is a dead spot on my road which even the bigger name cell companies have issues with. I have a co-worker that has used hers everywhere including in the middle of no-where in Maine. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.