Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
HOnestly after 9 1/2 months of slinging I just made my favorite - AND I MADE IT FOR A FRIEND so I had to send it off yesterday!! :LOL So I'm going to have to make another one for myself with the exact same measurements... For the first 6 months or so I used the NoJo (and still use it on occasion), then I started making my own because the NoJo was too bulky for the hot weather here in TX...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Oh goodness... Just one? Sorry, I have to break that rule. :LOL

The one that's getting the most use lately is the new EllaRoo Mei Tai. (Not available yet - I have a tester.) I'm totally in love with it.
: We also get loads of use out of our Moby Wrap (my fav for front carries) and the Ergo.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I can't pick just one either. Really depends on the day and what I'm up. I do like my Didymos alot though. And my Hotsling pouches are also a favorite.

Quote:
The one that's getting the most use lately is the new EllaRoo Mei Tai. (Not available yet - I have a tester.)
I really want one of these when they come out! They look so comfy.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I totally love my Maya wrap, and my Rebozo. I use the Rebozo all the time, until it gets really funky-dirty, then I switch to the Maya (cuz it takes me forever to get around to washing the Rebozo).

I'm also interested in getting a new sling .... so I'm curiouse about everyone's answers.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hands down Kozy, then the Didy...at this point.. if I honestly was forced to pick only one?? I think it would have to be the Kozy..I have been blessed with a very very high needs baby and she does not tolerate ever being *down* for more than a few moments..she spends all most all day on my back or front in the Kozy...only exception is when shes sleeping or at night ;-) A year ago I would have never said that! I would have had other ideas...situations change with a new baby who has new ideas!! LOL I actually thought my last baby was high needs! LOL now THATS funny

She is happy in there and its the only darn thing that will not hurt my back or small stature after hours and hours of wearing and tending to the needs of my other young children, also the design does NOT overheat us. I must admit I am getting quite the workout with all the stairs in our house!

So yes in a nutshell Kozy ;-)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I would say Maya Wrap and/or the new ellaroo lightly padded ring sling. Both have an open tail for infinite adjustment potential and very versatile wearing positions. The ER has a slightly lower learning curve, and the padding is very light but really comfy, not bulky at all.

But then I love the ABC carriers like a Kozy or mei Tai for longer carries. They are very snuggly with newborns, too, which was surprising to me.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
MayaWrap style slings, zero padding, cotton for breathability. Yes, there is a learning curve, but I've never had a problem. They say you can carry your little on one your back, I've never felt comfortable with that option in a MayaWrap sling.

Pros open ended for full adjustability, zero padding to get in the way or add to the heat, if you buy one new you get an instructional video or DVD free.

Cons some people just have a hard time slinging, need patiences and an agreeable child at practice time. As the child grows forward faces gets harder with longer legs.

Not a problem if you have a face toward you kind of baby, my #2 was, #3 is not. maybe she'll like side sitting, you can do that very well in a MW.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Slings and pouches that I have sewm myself, lol. Since I had my 3rd baby, I have become addicted to slings, and now it is non-adjustable pouches also that I love; great for my dd who is 12 months and at that up and down phase

1 - 20 of 20 Posts