Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly but surely making the transition to vegetarianism. No big deal -- I've never been much of a meat eater anyway. My husband, however, is a meat-eater. But he is also a smart man who knows not to complain about food he doesn't have to prepare. I've been using the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook for the past week, and he didn't notice that he didn't get meat (I asked him, so I know for certain; down side is that now he's paying attention).

So what other cookbooks are vegetarian, but have appeal for non-vegetarians? (I am not excluding dairy and eggs at this point, but those are limited anyway because one of our children has food issues).

Thanks for any help,

Tara

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the feedback. I will definitely add them to my list.

T PikkuMyy -- do you have any reading suggestions for your sensory/food program (book, article, researcher, etc)? I've managed to get my son up to 14 foods by working with his sensory preferences, but I've been going by instinct alone. He has autism, sensory issues, oral-motor defensiveness, allergies and sensitivites, and he is gfcf, soy-free, dye-free, and yeast/mold-free. I'm working on a nutrition degree, and I tried firing off some questions to my advisors who responded with sound nutritional advice, but completely unrealistic suggestions for helping a kid with autism.

Thanks again for all help,

Tara

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.