Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had lots of books that were a huge help when my kids were babies, toddlers, little kids, bigger kids, etc but now I have two teenagers and one almost teen and would love some inspiration and ideas to help me through this next stage of parenting!

What are your favourite books that have helped you with your teens?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I found The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman to be helpful as my kids got older. He gives a lot of insight into how our kids birth order affects their personalities and how our own birth order can affect how we raise them. It has a lot of practical advice for families. The author has more books on his website on parenting. However, it is Christian based so the book may or may not be something you're interested in. Hope that helps!
smile.gif

www.drleman.com/store/parenting-books/cat_4.html

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm about half way through I'm not Mad; I just hate you by Roni Cohen-Sandler. It has been so helpful in understanding teen girl development and the mother daughter dynamic with a teen daughter.

I was getting really freaked out about some of my 14 year old's attitudes and behavior, but the book really helped normalize it for me.

It is specifically focused on girls. I'm not sure if there is an equivalent book for boys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.