Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could you all share your recipes for your favourite cold weather soups and stews?? I need to send hubby to the store this afternoon and it's super cold and we're in snow advisory. So I really want warm stuff that will stick with us

·
Registered
306 Posts
favorite meat (chuck roast or pork tenderloin) coarsely chopped potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, slow cooker seasoning packet & 1/2c water in slow cooker on low setting for 7 hrs.<br><br>
it's not necessarily a soup or stew, but the meat is rather tender so you could shred it and then thicken the juice that's in the crockpot and make it stew-like.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We're big soup/ stew eaters. I love split pea soup with ham. We also like to make vegetarian bean chowders, vegetable beef, and chicken noodle soups. They're usually served with crusty bread and butter. Yummy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've been longing for a polenta with either roasted veggies or sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and garlic. Probably will make it with roasted veggies though as the flavor will be deeper & I can make it saucier. For this it would roast zuchinni squash, yellow squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms & peppers then add to either jarred italian sauce or make my own out of tomatoes, red wine, garlic etc. And this would be topped with either grated hard cheese or bits of goat cheese.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts