Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just a myth that you should not wash your prefolds and FB's together? Will it really make the fleece pill? Do I really have to do 2 seperate loads?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think the idea is that if you wash MM microfleece with natural fibers, the microfleece will pill more, and more quickly. When I used FB with prefolds, my linings did pill pretty quickly, but it really wasn't an issue for me - microfleece *is* going to pill, no matter what you do. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. And doing 2 separate loads of diaper laundry would be a real PITA.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I use my FB only and they super soft with micro inserts. When we were mixing the FB got much pillier.

Now that we are back to prefolds no FB will be used.
I don't seperate execpt only use one or the other.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You shouldn't wash new prefolds with FBs - the natural oils on the prefolds will coat the fleece and cause repelling issues.

Once your prefolds are nicely primed (or not new!), go ahead and throw them all in together.

HTHs!

Maylen

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I wash them together every day, and while my fleece has pilled a little, I would expect it to after being washed nearly daily for 5 months.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I wash together as we use both on the little man and fb exclusively on our oldest so I was not sure if I was causing the fleece to age quicker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts