Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have nightlights, can you get through a long night with them? I'm talking 12 hours without a change... Or do you beef it up with something additional, if so, what?

We just tried our 'new' one for a nap - figured I'd play it safe first time 'round - and it was absolutely soaked full after a 2 1/2 hour nap. Thank goodness DS's wool cover did not leak. No way he would make it through the night in one...

Any suggestions for making this work for us? We are trying to make the switch from sposies at night. I have DH onboard, but that will only last so long. (He is nervous b/c our DS is such a good sleeper and we don't want to rock the boat.)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
We use NLs almost every night. I stuff it to the max. Hemp prefold, couple of joey bunz and sometimes more. Pretty much all it can hold. Spencer sleeps for 11-12 hours straight and it holds. I also use a nice thick wool soaker on top.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
They work great for us! I add a Joey Bunz folded in 4ths right in front where DS pees. Usually we use heavily felted recycled wool covers, but I've also used a lightweight fleece Bum-Ware cover.

OT- Ooooh, new smilies! Fun! :familybed :fambedsin
: Gotta love smilies! :LOL

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have the LC nls (DH is confused by side snaps. lol)
And my 16.5mth old son can (and has) slept for 16+ hours in one without a change.

I just use the heavy wetter insert that comes standard now. I have one with a med wetter, and I only use that on the nights before I work because I *have* to wake him up after about 10hrs...

I use a nice thick wool cover ontop. Right now my night covers are a L cashmere KP, toddler tootsweet, and large loveybums jersey.
I over lanolize, and DS is more of a medium during the day (well, a medium in KP covers and the like) so the night wools are VERY roomy...I think they work better at night like that

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I use either a OC FCB Sz2 NL or hemp LC Sz2 NL or a medium FF ST covered with a Fuzeasy cover on ds for about 12-13 hours. The diaper is always drenched, some nights more than others, but the wool keeps everything dry. We have stopped nursing at night at this point, but when we switched to wool a couple of months ago, he was still an all night (every 2hours) snacker.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So even with the completely drenched dipes your DCs are not waking up during the night? And they are not rashy in the a.m. either? I am less concerned about leaks, I think my wool covers can handle that part. It's just having DS in such wetness all night long bothers me. The sposies just feel different and IMO better...
:

We do have the heavy wetter inserts, but I think I will try adding additional layers with hemp or microfleece toweling and see how that works.

Otherwise I will either keep these dipes just for naps or be selling them off...

Thanks everyone for your ideas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.