Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have completely fearless babes?
Ds will try to jump out of my arms when ever I open the fridge, open the front door, go by the bathroom sink. In his bouncy seat (even with him harnessed in) he leaps forward so much he almost gets out. I only have him in that when I"m using the bathroom...so I basically have to hold him while I'm using the toilet.
:
What frightens me is, how hurt will he get if I'm not there to cushion his fall, or help him do things safely. Will him getting hurt make him less fearless? Should I not be trying so hard to keep him from hurting himself...natural consequence. It feels like he's a bit young to let him have a natural consequence.
Anyone else have a daredevil

Dawn

·
Registered
208 Posts
mine's pretty fearless as well... it's exhausting!
he likes to jump off the bed.. crawl super fast, definately stand up on/with anything... explore, explore, explore... I don't think protecting him will make him less fearless.. if he's determined, he's determined.. maybe cushioning the areas he likes to play so if he does fall, it's not so hard? It's hard to say with spontaneous little ones! Good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
My first was totally fearless, and now my 3rd is somewhat fearless. I think it's great. I keep dangerous things away, as best as possible. We also taught him how to turn around and lower himself off the bed. I'm just naturally one of those who lets them explore, even take their falls. Most of the time they don't even think about it and there's no need to coddle or fuss. So far I haven't needed to, but I would definately encourage the "get right back on" attitude. These kids will be active, tough and brave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts