Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone enjoying their 2nd trimester?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yes!!

I have a little baby growing well and bonking me lots...and lots of energy for yard/garden work and housework and planning LOTS of projects (painting kitchen and painting trim outside, replacing doors, etc!!!!). And it's warm and sunny this week so I'm just the happiest person in the world!!!!!!

I am starting to totally love my baby- it's so sweet!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
LOL! Good week miss jenny??

We are doing good as well (though not that good!) I am ready for winter to be gone and warm sunny days!UGH! HURRY UP SUNSHINE! Today was a tease of beautiful sun but cold.
I am getting my craving for cereal back this pregnancy...I must have eaten about 5 bowls in the last 2 days...and just thinking about it makes my mouth water...yum yum yum!

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jenny what part of Oregon are you in? I'm just outside Portland and yes it was and has been so beautiful lately!! I'm loving it!!

I've been craving cereal too this pregnancy, but only the Envirokids peanut butter cereal, nothing else hits the spot.

We've worked outside most of the day and it was so much fun. We are putting all our garden beds in our front yard, so I weed papered and dh helped moved the boxes, now this week I'm getting a load of compost/dirt and then after they are filled we'll be getting either bark chips or hazelnut shells for the walk ways. I can't wait to be done and see how awesome it looks!!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'm in Ashland.

I am resisting cereal since I know it's just carbs and lots of sugar, not what I need to be eating. I'm attempting at this point since I feel good to avoid eating simple carbs and sugar, though I am still eating fruit since I consider fruit real food, so that I can perhaps grow a baby that fits better through my birth canal! I said I'd start at 20 weeks so here I almost am and am making different choices than when I was sick and could only eat cereal! My last was 10 lbs 12 oz and he was too big. My 9 lbs 7 oz fit just fine, so I know I can have a big baby but really, there's a limit here! I run hypoglycemic so tend to grab simple carbs and sugar (like cereal!) when hungry. I notice I'm not eating as much as I did in other pregnancies but the food I'm eating is more quality, heartier, more protein, etc.

I do get to have muesli for breakfast though, and that will be yummy!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm craving tomatoes and avocados but hello, pregnant body, it's winter in Russia! Why can't I be craving beets??

The other night I made a salad of tomatoes (tasteless alone), garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh parsley and feta cheese. Oh my, I was almost orgasmic eating it!

I'm trying to remember to eat protein at breakfast because simple carbs make me feel crappy later in the morning.

Yesterday we got DS a new sled and had so much fun even though it was -14c. DH and I are exhausted today. It's hard work trudging through that much fresh snow!

My Sister's baby was due on the 16th. Both of us delivered DC1 at 42 wks. I wonder why....
DS and I are going to see her in Wales next weekend for 2 wks and help out with the school run etc. Not looking forward to the journey without DH but it'll be nice to see everyone.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm so jealous of those of you feeling spring weather! It is warmer here this week, high's in the 50's lows in 20's. The snow is melting and everything is a soggy mess and it's still really over cast and hazy. I'm ready for nice sunny days and no mud!

I don't really have anything exciting going on. I feel pretty good and I'm sleeping pretty well and have no complaints. Just doing my thing I guess!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Sounds like a lot of mamas are feeling better. Hooray!

I can include myself in that list. I still feel nauseated when I get too tired (which doesn't take much), but definitely significantly improved. I'm caught in the cycle of exercise exhausts me so much that I'm too tired to exercise the next day, but I know that I will ultimately feel better/have more energy if I get exercise. Argh! Getting there, though.

Food: I've been soooo happy eating oatmeal for breakfast. With grated apple, milk, and maple syrup (we make our own!). Mmmm. I focus on protein & veggies the rest of the day, or at least try to! That said, when I make a salad for lunch, I find myself really wanting to add goat cheese or feta...Mmmmmm.

Nesting? Yep. If I could take the next...what, 5 months? off from work to just work on things around the house and the property, I would be THRILLED. As it is, I have 5 weeks of vacation time in addition to 12 weeks of maternity leave, so I'll try to use 3 weeks of the vacation before I go on leave. I know from last time around that I won't use it otherwise. I'm planning a week in May, when DH has a short-term job lined up. I'll take a week for a real vacation in April, and then spread the rest of the days out. Wheeee!

We're in Northern VT and are starting to get ready for sugaring season. We have about 5 (out of our 20) acres of sugarbush, which means an area of woods that has been maintained as mostly a mono-culture of sugar maples for the past 80+ years. We make about 25-30 gallons per season.

It will be a challenge with DD this year! Last year, she was small enough that we could put her in the pack 'n play or wear her. This year...not so much. Big, hot fire structure filled with boiling sap? hmmmmm. The biggest disappointment to me is that the fun of sugaring is standing around drinking beer, stoking the fire. I'm not a big drinker, but it won't be NEARLY as much fun without the beer!

Happy Monday...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice to hear all the positivity going on! I'm feeling good...of course I get tired easily but otherwise I'm good. Last week was weird...my hormones must have been off the charts. I had a panic attack and just felt anxious and awful for days. That has subsided and this week has started well! We had a beautiful, sunny but still chilly weekend and now we'll have a rainy, possibly snowy, cloudy week. I'll be so happy when Spring is here and stays!!

My youngest daughter's birthday is next week and then my second daughter's birthday is the week after that so we're looking forward to the birthday fun! They are both so excited and mommy needs to finish shopping!

Tomorrow at 2:15 is our sonogram. My husband is coming (hasn't been to a sono since our 2nd child, lol) and we are all so excited! I'm just dying to see a healthy, sweet baby and find out what we are having.

I'm also in nesting mood but since we've outgrown our house already when we had our youngest I'm just ready to move!!! It's hard to organize and stuff when you don't know where to put anything anymore. We have a half basement (split level house) and we're thinking about making another bedroom down there for one of our oldest girls but then I don't know where to put all the stuff that's already down there. Such a dilemma, lol.

Well ladies I hope you all continue to enjoy your week and I'll definitely be posting tomorrow afternoon after our sono.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by APGoddess83 View Post
I'm also in nesting mood but since we've outgrown our house already when we had our youngest I'm just ready to move!!! It's hard to organize and stuff when you don't know where to put anything anymore. We have a half basement (split level house) and we're thinking about making another bedroom down there for one of our oldest girls but then I don't know where to put all the stuff that's already down there. Such a dilemma, lol
We're in this dilemma too! We're always looking for bigger houses but all the houses we see in our price range the house size is the same as what we are in now with another bedroom. And the bedrooms we have are small already. So now we're on the look out for land to build and hopefully within the next year or so we can find something and build our forever house. Because I hate being crammed...and I've been getting rid of stuff left and right and we STILL don't have room! Ughh!!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Sky, we did that, made a room for our oldest by splitting what was the dining room (but used as a craft/playroom). It's been GREAT. He loves having his own space and we love having a place to send him when he's being obnoxious where he's not going to bother/hurt a sibling! Our house is 1600 sq ft and it couldn't be any smaller!

My u/s is scheduled two weeks from now and I'm having doubts again. I don't want anyone finding things wrong with my baby and then telling me not to worry about it, or having to have more u/s to check on it, and then tell me it's all fine! ugh. My dh doesn't want to do it (we never have before). I'm glad I have some more time to mull the decision over!

Ditto on the nesting! I was thinking it'd be great to have a couple of months off for projects before the baby comes, but also to have a crew to help me!!! That would be heaven. I guess I'll have to settle for my dh on weekends! Good thing he's useful!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ohhh...Put the cheese on your salad, you won't regret it! Protein, calcium and healthy fat all in a delicious bit of cheese...life doesn't get much better!
I too am trying to avoid the simple sugars/carby crap (I do not consider fruits or veg to be "carby crap" they are healthy whole foods to be enjoyed without limits!) so this cereal craving is throwing me for a loop.
Today I would love a pile of brownies, cake, cookies, muffins and anything else that sounds good and is made out of sugar, white flour and butter. yum yum yum....what is the deal? lol!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Update??? Well, let's see. I'm officially as heavy now as I was at dd's birth and I've still got 20 weeks to go.
I started getting edema this weekend so I'm trying to take it easy, but still get my daily dose of stair climbing/walking. I don't sleep well anymore at all. I have no energy. I don't know HOW I'm supposed to deal with this for another 20 weeks. I really feel like crap.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
terrilein!!!
sorry! Have you tried taking a daily warm bath with epsom salts? Maybe your electrolytes are outta whack as well? maybe drink some pedialyte. whenever you sit down elevate your feet above your heart. are you avoiding recliners and trying to stay on your left side while lying down? can you do any gentle excersise? water aerobics or daily walking? Also increasing your protein intake might help...Hope you feel better soon!!

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great sale on babylegs at www.inspiredbyfinn.com and if you use coupon code BABYLEGS you get an additional 20% I think it is. I got a few pairs! I love these things!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Great sale on babylegs at www.inspiredbyfinn.com and if you use coupon code BABYLEGS you get an additional 20% I think it is. I got a few pairs! I love these things!
Thanks! I love a good sale

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I enjoyed a VERY relaxing weekend--spent a lot of Sunday in my bed reading, and finished a 400 pg book in about 24 hours. I really needed that. I'm getting better at saying no to things--social events mostly. I'd often like to go but I know what I really need is to stay home and relax. So I did.

I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for my sister to go into labour. She was 40 weeks on Sunday. I didn't expect her to go even this late since the rest of us girls in the family had our babies at 38 and 39 weeks. Babies come when they're ready!

It was really fun to find out on Friday that we're expecting a boy!

Hubby just brought homemade donuts home from the local Mennonite restaurant...gotta run!

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
So nice to hear so many Mamas are feeling energetic and positive. I've been feeling better too, more energetic, with the odd bout of "I HAVE TO SLEEP RIGHT NOW" everyday. Lots of eating over here too but I'll admit to enjoying sweets as we've been entertaining and having birthday parties, so it's been cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate, cookies. All the wrong stuff. Still, I'm mostly eating fruit (berries) and small portions. I could FINALLY cook a bit on Sunday again... my bionic nose with nausea and dry heaving returned with a vengence for awhile.

Terrilein -
I hope you feel better soon. When I was swollen like heck during my previous pregnancy, I went for lymphatic drainage massage. It's very very gentle and unexpectedly effective at helping the body reduce swelling.
I wonder if you have access to something like that in Germany?

I had my 2nd tri ultrasound today. The tech was in a pissy mood and very intent on NOT discussing the fetal sex with me. She showed me a sign that said they are not legally permitted to discuss etc etc etc.
So I watched as she worked and am willing to put money on it that I saw a boy. My MW will have the results in 2 days. We had a lovely weekend seeing old friends and one of them told me she had a boy born last July, so would be very happy to give me his clothes.
I am soooo pleased and relieved. We're on a budget here so any little bit helps.

I've been cloth diapering dd2 since my Kawaii's arrived. I love them. But I hafta say, cleaning toddler poop ain't my favourite job. I've done the toilet rinse but am underwhelmed by it's effectiveness. So far I've been doing laundry every day and already find that even with that frequency, the diapers stink when I go to them at the end of the day. I am finding the poopy ones need about two washes. Anybody have any tips for me?

Best wishes all!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.