Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I was starting to think I was feeling better until I tried to eat lunch with my boys today. I barfed in Taco Bell's bathroom.

We are in the middle of a yucky heat wave here in the Pacific Northwest. It was 101 yesterday. I'm afraid to go outside and see how hot it is now. Yuck!
Hope you all are keeping cool.

Previous weeks' chat threads:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=485517
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=482154
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=478740
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=474413

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The heat is insane. I have to go pick up dh from work at 5:30, and it's been 112-116 all week down here. I'm honestly afraid I'll pass out. It's happened before, even when I wasn't pg.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm in the northwest too. I can't wait until this heat wave is over. We have a window a/c unit, but it is in the living room. This weekend we brought our mattress out into the living room to sleep, because it was too hot in our bedroom. This heat seems to be making my m/s worse. I took dd to gymnastics today (they don't have a/c); it was miserable. We both were sweating up a storm when we left. Looks like it will cool down this weekend, thankfully. My dd's birthday is this weekend, and I planned a trip to the playground for her party.

Hope things go smoothly for you when you pick up your dh, Glendora.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's 108 here. Was already 92 by 8am. We all need to be careful. Last Tuesday I became very dehydrated and had a little epidsode where I couldn't understand the words I was trying to read on a menu board and I felt very lightheaded. I was very weak, and tired. I had been hanging out in the pool with the kids during their swim lessons and didn't feel the least bit bad, until we got to the restaurant we were going to for lunch. This heat can get to you and you not even know it until too late. Make sure you are drinking your water! If you are thirsty you're already on your way to being dehydrated, we need to have water with us all day. I think my mw told me I should drink atleast 2 oz. of water every half hour.

Btw, dh has convinced these people in NYC that he doesn't need to be there all the time, so he may have to go back for a week here and there but he won't have to stay for the rest of the year. We are hoping that will be it. This week is his last week, and hopefully he will be home for a while. I really need to get him home so we can get camping. I need to get out of this heat!!! I'm looking forward to the much cooler coast. Even with our a/c running constantly it's still 90 in my living room. UGH!!!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The weather is pretty mild here in Maine. My office alone has 2 air conditioners because we are IT. I wear a sweater daily, I freeze my tush off and often have goosebumps.

I'm sorry for those that are roasting, I hope mother nature brings you rain so you can all go outside and jump in puddles to cool off.

My all day sickness has finally let up. I think the homeopathic remedy my midwfe gave me Thursday is doing the trick.

We tried to hear the heartbeat last Thursday, didn't hear it. Heard a whole lot of me and a whole lot of swishing down there lol I'm trying not to stress and order a U/S. I don't want any unless it's necessary. We'll try again for a listen on 8/4. I hope I can make it that far

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just wanted to check in and say hi! Got a call from my doc's office today. She called in a rx for antibiotics bc I have an bacterial infection....no symptoms though. I have an u/s tomorrow at 2pm and I'm excited but super nervous at the same time! I'm having one to see if my edd is correct. If it is I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. I haven't been as nauseous lately which is nice. I'm still tired and moody! My son's party yesterday went well. We didn't tell anyone and my family was able to keep the secret. A friend of mine did figure it out though bc we didn't make it to her son's party a few weeks ago. I had emailed her saying I was sick and couldn't handle the long ride. So yesterday she came up to me grinning and asked how I was feeling? lol So one more person knows. I hope you all are doing well and handling the heat (HA...yeah right!)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wow, those heat stories are scary. And here DH was so impressed with me yesterday because I kept the AC off and it was a humid 87.

Frankly, I'll hold off as long as I can. We have renovation going on in the house and the temporary stairs are made of God-awful, off-gassing, make me gag chipboard. As long as all the windows are open, I'm a happy camper.

Veganmomma, wonderful news about DH and NYC.
Mooliette, do tell....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital
mooliette I can't believe you aren't telling us your magical cure for nausea. Come on, share!
lol sorry

Kreosotum

·
Registered
664 Posts
Glendora, where in Cali are you? I grew up in Sacramento and my family has been telling me how absolutely miserable it is there right now. I'm in Northern Nevada now and it's been super hot here as well. The worst part is we haven't really gotten any kind of break like we have in years past. And it's too hot to exercise which makes me feel like a big sweaty blob! I hope everybody keeps cool and drink plenty of H2O!!

So I will hit my 9th week this week and I'm super nervous and anxious. I had my mc at 13 weeks but they told me the baby stopped growing at 9 weeks, so I am really scared and on edge. I am trying to be very in tune to my body right now and every twinge of nausea I am welcoming like a friend. I think if my symptoms subside I will probably go in for an us, I would rather not find out a month later that something went wrong. The worst part is, I am looking for different care because I am without maternity coverage and my OB charges A LOT! So I am going to go to a pregnancy center in a hospital here (while still talking with a midwife just in case I can homebirth) and my first appointment isn't until mid Sept! I don't know if I can wait that long. Does anyone know where I can find out where my uterus should be during each week or so? If I had done that last time I would have known something was wrong so I really want to pay attention to it this time.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mooliette
The weather is pretty mild here in Maine. My office alone has 2 air conditioners because we are IT. I wear a sweater daily, I freeze my tush off and often have goosebumps.
Mental Note: Move to Maine next time I'm pg in the summer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2mimi
Glendora, where in Cali are you? I grew up in Sacramento and my family has been telling me how absolutely miserable it is there right now.
Yeah, I'm about 2 hours north and slightly west of Sac. I'm stuck under that same horrible monsoon heat.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
DiD thanks for making a new chat thread.
So sorry that so many of you are suffering in the heat. It is cool in Japan this year (at least where I am) and it was a cool summer last time I was p/g, must be lucky that way. Last summer was HOT.

moolitte glad your m/s has eased up

veganmomma very scary on getting dehydrated, ironically that is the only thing my OB was concerned about via my trans pacific trip, that I would get dehydreated. I am slightly worried about 13hours in a plane with a girl who does not sleep when traveling (until it is just about time for landing if the past few trips are any gauge)

glendora yikes! that is hot, hope your carhas a/c

witchy glad your u/s went well
more to write but I have a naking toddler on my lap and the *girls* need a reat, time for a distraction
Kathryn

·
Registered
792 Posts
still super super hot here. and i've agreed to do some freelance work but i've forgotten how to schedule my life!
a pregnant friend is coming over tomorrow -- she was coming in the afternoon but changed it to the morning because it's not as hot. i said sure, totally forgetting that i had a phone meeting booked for the work.
: and i've agreed to go visit some friends of ours in the south for a weekend but i'll have a deadline soon after that.
:

dizzy me.

plus ds is quite fussy. and i don't really want to go outside today. and i have flashes of "i don't feel terrible all the time, i must have lost the baby." i hate those flashes...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I hear you Rae.
I got another order yesterday for my jewelry and my heart sunk. I was just like, "aw man, must keep it together."
I'm actually off next to un-optimize my website for searches so noone can find me. It's akin to business suicide and I still have to deal with reorders, but I just can't be at my top form right now.

I had what I think was a hormone shift yeasterday. Kaboom! Puking everywhere. If this is what everyone's been feeling for weeks, I just have to say

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jude, you are due late like me and I think I am experiencing the same shift in hormones. I feel absolutely awful!!! I've been really tired for weeks now but these past few days it seems to have shifted into overdrive. And I've felt nauseous off and on but now it seems like every single food we have in the house repulses me and causes me to gag. I am super super grumpy too! I just keep trying to look at it as a good sign of a nice strong pregnancy and tell myself this too shall pass!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry for those of you still puking - yuck! Here's hoping the end is in sight!

I'm starting to feel better, and my utter and complete exhaustion phase seems to be lessening. Yay!

On a complete side note, we had a lead scare this week. My 3-year-old's screening came back really really high (so high someone in the county health office called me up to discuss what to do). We did some remodelling in May, and I couldn't stop thinking - we've poisoned our son! We had a blood draw, which is more accurate, and I just got the results. He's totally fine. I don't know what happened with the finger prick, but I am so relieved that A) my son is not poisoned, and B) this means I (and the baby) are probably fine, too. Big sigh of relief. I've been really nervous, esp. about the baby.

We're on vacation next week, and I'm going to enjoy it now!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
it's hot here too. dang the midwest. we stay inside most of the day. it's starting to storm right now though. sadly, it's not going to get cool any time soon. it usually stays hot until OCTOBER! ugh.

the puking is subsiding and my usually pregnancy cravings are returning. orange juice and doughnuts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2mimi
Does anyone know where I can find out where my uterus should be during each week or so? If I had done that last time I would have known something was wrong so I really want to pay attention to it this time.
The Dr. Sear's Pregnancy Book had an inset about how to do it and where your uterus should feel at different stages of pregnancy. I think I found mine, but I'm not sure.

However, it says that you can't feel it until 12 weeks- I believe you said you were 9 weeks now. It may be too early.

Check it out!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts