Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO!

It has been an embarrassingly long time.

By way of explanation: Do you ever just feel kind of weirdly antisocial for a couple of weeks, and then feel sort of weird about having been absent for so long, which contributes to procrastination about coming back and apologizing for being weird and absent, which then snowballs into a ridiculous months-long spree of avoidance toward people you actively MISS?

No, me neither, I never do that.

I have a LOT to catch up on, and am very excited to go through all the threads I've missed and see how everyone is doing. A quick scan of thread titles tells me I'm going to see some photos of our early arrivals! Hooray! I am so happy for you, mamas.

And I am so happy to be back. And sorry that I was weird about being away. But mostly happy to be back.

:stillheart

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi Tee, it's nice to have you back and know that you're okay. It's also okay to be introverted from time to time. So, don't feel weird. Our group was not the same without you.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Woohoo! Tee is back! How are you feeling?

It's FEBRUARY!!!!!

Reactions: TeeThatsMe

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome back!

My GBS test came back negative, woohoo! I had some anxiety over it because I truly have no idea how I would approach dealing with a positive result, and didn't want to have to feverishly research and come up with a decision quickly. Problem averted!

I'm loving reading all these birth stories and seeing how close everyone is getting. I'm sure I'll go at least to my EDD, probably beyond, and won't be surprised to have a March baby. I find myself wishing I didn't know or could forget how far along I am so I wasn't counting down days. But overall I'm comfortable and feel good about being another month or so away from meeting this babe. I do wish I could teach my phone to screen all texts relating to baby/pregnancy...I feel myself getting more and more inward and private, just like I did last time, and the probes into my wellbeing have the opposite of their intended effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome back!

My GBS test came back negative, woohoo! I had some anxiety over it because I truly have no idea how I would approach dealing with a positive result, and didn't want to have to feverishly research and come up with a decision quickly. Problem averted!
Mine came back negative too and I feel much the same. Whew!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you all! I went for the GBS hat trick and have now tested positive for three pregnancies in a row. Woo. :) For my last two babies, I followed a protocol of supplementation and dietary restriction, and was able to get rid of it upon re-testing, so I went ahead with the same protocol and re-tested earlier this week. Still haven't gotten the results back, and am pretty antsy to know one way or the other.

If anybody does have any interest in reversing a GBS result, I'm quite happy to share what worked for me twice (and maybe, fingers crossed, three times!).

Reactions: forestlover75

·
Registered
885 Posts
I started taking Garden of Life Vaginal Care Probiotics about a couple of weeks before I was to be GBS tested. I actually had already been taking them, but took a break because of the price. So, since that test was coming up, I went ahead and bought some again. The test came back negative, and I'm still taking the probiotics for now. I'm not even sure that's what's causing it to be negative.

We had a snow storm yesterday and really crummy roads today, so school was cancelled for everyone, even the colleges. So I'm just really hoping I don't go into labor today, because I don't want to try and drive anywhere until the roads are better.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I woke up this morning, thinking there was something specific I wanted to post in this thread, but now I can't remember what it was. I must be pregnant! :lol

By way of explanation: Do you ever just feel kind of weirdly antisocial for a couple of weeks, and then feel sort of weird about having been absent for so long, which contributes to procrastination about coming back and apologizing for being weird and absent, which then snowballs into a ridiculous months-long spree of avoidance toward people you actively MISS?

Yes! This was me, exactly! I finally sucked it up and came back last week. We can be avoiders together. ;)

I'm loving reading all these birth stories and seeing how close everyone is getting. I'm sure I'll go at least to my EDD, probably beyond, and won't be surprised to have a March baby. I find myself wishing I didn't know or could forget how far along I am so I wasn't counting down days. But overall I'm comfortable and feel good about being another month or so away from meeting this babe. I do wish I could teach my phone to screen all texts relating to baby/pregnancy...I feel myself getting more and more inward and private, just like I did last time, and the probes into my wellbeing have the opposite of their intended effect.

It took me three kids to figure out not to tell anyone my EDD. Very few people know that my EDD is 2/9; everyone else has been told "mid-February," and when I get asked how much time I still I have, I give a vague range (right now I'm saying, "A week or two, possibly three.").

Reactions: gabeyho

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I mostly answer "I still have a month to go, give or take a couple weeks." The comments are making it hard to go out in public in this tiny town.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I don't get asked a lot when the due date is, but I do get asked how I'm doing whenever I see or talk to someone. So my answer is usually, "Oh... pregnant," or, "Oh... still handicapped." Something like that. And they always laugh. Sometimes I just say "Oh..." and they answer for me and I will laugh at them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm always as vague as I can be, try really hard not to give people my actual EDD, but when they (like family members) ask specifically what the date is, I don't know how to not tell them without being rude. My MIL has a pregnancy app on her phone with my date in it so she knows exactly how far along I am. It's really sweet, but I just know that the closer I get the less I'm going to enjoy the inquiries. I'm grateful that the check ins from people are all of the, "thinking of you, hope you're well" variety and not the, "are you still pregnant?" variety.

Maybe if we have more babies I'll tell everyone we have no idea when we conceived so I don't have a due date...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I don't get asked a lot when the due date is, but I do get asked how I'm doing whenever I see or talk to someone. So my answer is usually, "Oh... pregnant," or, "Oh... still handicapped." Something like that. And they always laugh. Sometimes I just say "Oh..." and they answer for me and I will laugh at them.

I called my grandma the other day, and after a few minutes, she asked how I was feeling, and I said, "Oh, just pregnant." There was a pause, and it was then that she realized she was talking to me, and not my sister, who is definitely not pregnant. I didn't know she didn't know it was me! :lol

Maybe if we have more babies I'll tell everyone we have no idea when we conceived so I don't have a due date...

This was what really happened to us with our third, which is when we decided never to broadcast our EDD again. I had a miscarriage and then conceived her right away, but it was 52 days after my loss that I realized I still hadn't seen AF and was feeling extremely weepy and clumsy. We didn't have a clue when she had been conceived. According the original EDD we came up with, she was 42w 1d. I was sooooooo tired of the comments and inquiries by the time she was born!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Rikki, that's too funny!

I haven't been harassed so far actually. I just get asked how I'm feeling with that look of sympathy and then a lot of people saying theyre excited for me to give birth.

·
Registered
885 Posts
@Rikki Jean, Ha ha! She thought she was talking to someone else.

I know if I'm talking to my husband or the kids, I'm usually okay, but for some reason if I'm talking to extended family or the neighbors or whoever is outside the immediate family, I get out of breath really quick and I have to stop and breathe. Must be a mental nervous thing. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Rikki: LOL!

40 weeks today, according to my dates. The OB has my due date as the 4th, which is fine with me! I let them do a pelvic for the heck of it, and- no surprise- nothing is going on. I'm hoping this will be my last appointment! My next one is for a week from Wednesday and has a stress-test and ultrasound scheduled.

So, just waiting! I'm trying to look at this as a positive thing- the suspense, the surprise, there's nothing like it! But it's not working, lol. I'm not going crazy yet, but I do just want it over with already.

I hope all of you in the northeast stay warm and dry as more snow comes in.

I'm so happy for the mama's who are holding their babies already! I'll be sad when it's all over though and our DDC ends. I don't have many friends in the real world and it's been nice checking in every day :)

Reactions: forestlover75

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm gonna be sad too. I was following along in the January club and it totally died out after the last baby was born. I don't have many close mama friends and I'll be moving to a new city with no friends or family about a month after giving birth. I'll definitely miss having y'all to talk to!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have just sort of kept in this DDC for the most part and figured we would all eventually go our separate ways. But now I'm thinking that I took it for granted because I don't want it to end.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts