Mothering Forum banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oh DuchessTergie that sounds awful! Feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still around (well I took a long break but just came back in time for birth stories). We had a crazy couple of months near the end but things slowed down in the last few weeks.

So happy to see so many arrivals and so many different stories. Hang in there ladies who have yet to deliver!

AFM: our as yet unnamed baby boy made a grand entrance as a human cannonball last night. Just missed a feb birthday as he was born at 12:30 am. Less than an hour of active labour! I'll post a proper thread later...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats murrelet!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
you know what's weird? I almost exclusively get on here with Tapatalk, and now that I'm looking from my computer for the first time in a very long time, everyone's picture is different on the forum for the desktop than on the app. It's weird. It's like I don't even know anyone when all the pics are different! lol.

ETA: and now they all match! Even weirder....

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well friends, a lot could change in 3 days, but I'm becoming less and less hopeful that they will. That being said, I'd like to do everything in my power to have the most positive birth experience possible. My induction is scheduled for Saturday morning at 6:30am and I'm nervous but so excited! Do any of you have any tips or advice on how I can get through what will likely be a tough labor with strong pitocin contractions? Are there any essential oils or relaxation methods I could try? I want to at least try to do this naturally and with as few interventions as possible.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't have any experience or advice about dealing with the pit contractions, but I've seen and heard of plenty of people getting started on that and then their body taking right over and being able to turn the pit off. They just needed a little nudge. And three days IS a long time, especially with all the activity and progress you've already made. I think at least somebody's baby is gonna be a full moon baby tomorrow :) I think it's great to prepared for all the possibilities though. I'm rooting for you!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bren, I'm sorry things thus far aren't going as you hoped. But your body is making significant cervical changes and that is good news for a scheduled induction.

I've had 2 pit births and 1 natural. In my view, EO aren't going to do jack taco-- if a drug-free birth is your goal you have to go in with a strong mind!

Being as positive as possible is so helpful. I am a woman that needs an epidural for pit. Because I labor really fast, the epidural only takes the edge off physically. But mentally it helps me from feeling really afraid. For me, childbirth without fear means I can trust the natural design AND if things don't go to plan I don't have to lay there terrified. Epidurals can be given in compassion, not just because we're not strong enough to deal with contractions. You may be a real hoss and just labor beautifully with pit! :grinning: I know a few ladies that labored drug-free during an induction.

I'm rooting for you, Bren. I hope your labor and baby's birth are empowering and beautiful, no matter how it plays out. And this community won't shame you either way-- we're for a healthy mama and babe.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Ditto what Duchess said :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thank you @DuchessTergie that was really helpful for me to read. I'm going to roll with the punches, but if it gets so bad that I'm just miserable then I'm not going to force myself to keep going. I'd rather have a pleasant birth experience and if that means getting the epi then that's something I can be okay with.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yes, you never know how well you will tolerate the pain. I was told that I wouldn't be able to talk through a contraction. That was wrong. Although it did really hurt, I was able to talk and wasn't screaming or anything. But I still love epidurals and saving my energy for the pushing.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Oh, and also the test results came back on Jonathan within normal limits, so we are in the clear. For now. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love epidurals!!! I had a "walking Epi" with both mine and was able to change positions as I needed. I still felt some "pain" but it was pleasant and tolerable and I was able to work with my body more. My second wasn't even a pit birth and I was only at 4 cm before I gave in. :)

I Hope you get the experience you want!

281 - 297 of 297 Posts