Mothering Forum banner

161 - 180 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I went to a babywearing meet up yesterday where I was the only pregnant mom, surrounded by tons of babies. I got my first comments on my size. I'm not huge, but I'm definitely a plus size mama. Anyway, everyone kept commenting on how small my belly was. This, just a few days after my midwife mentioned that the baby's head still felt small and that there was still lots of wiggle room in there. Now I'm paranoid that somethings wrong. My boys were both 8+lbs. This whole time I've been thinking I'll go a little early cause the last one was a week early, but now I'm not sure. I'm either going to have a tiny baby or maybe go after my edd. Or nobody knows what their talking about. I hope I'm not weeks behind everyone else. Although I won't regret joining in this ddc, because frankly you're all awesome.

Reactions: gabeyho

·
Registered
371 Posts
In other news, I woke up at 5am for no reason in particular, was hungry, and couldn't go back to sleep.
Ugh, I wa shaving this problem for the past couple of weeks and was SO relieved when two nights in a row (despite being up to pee 4 times) I sleppt really well. Well, last night, could NOT fall asleep until almost 3am. Urgh!

everyone kept commenting on how small my belly was. This, just a few days after my midwife mentioned that the baby's head still felt small and that there was still lots of wiggle room in there. Now I'm paranoid that somethings wrong.
Man, the size comments are so distressing! Wish people would stop already. When a midwife says wiggle room, I hear that baby's station is high and it's just not engaged yet (not that baby is little). My midwife felt wiggle room a couple of weeks ago and yesterday baby was fully engaged. I am due next Tuesday. When are you due?

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Ah yes, parenting. We are all so different and our kiddos are all so unique. I love the baby stage. 0-2 is my favorite. I feel like I can handle a baby's needs and deal with crying babies, and love all babies. It's after that I struggle with. I feel most challenged by the 3-8yo set. When they start verbalizing their wants, and are so demanding. And I just plain suck at disciplining. My 6yo challenges my patience everyday, and most days I feel I'm failing him. Anyway, point is, maybe you'll love the baby stage and be challenged by the teenage years, maybe the baby stage will suck and you'll get your groove after that. It's all a learning, growing process!
This is me. I call 0-3 "The Golden Age" because at 3 you have (I feel) to start disciplining what was cute but inappropriate before that age. My fiancé is so much better with my 9 year old and does really well with my 6 year old. The fact that the 9 year old is a girl and the 6 year old is a boy does have some bearing, I think.

In any event, I am happy to have the chance to go through The Golden Age one more time!!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I love 0-1ish. Then I brace myself for toddler and preschool years and start to enjoy the kids again around 4 or 5, depending on the child. Toddlers drive me crazy!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm the opposite! At least with this kiddo. Things got SO much easier at 3 and are easy breezy at 4. He was so intense as a young toddler, so many meltdowns all the time, so impossible the take anywhere without some kind of embarrassing tantrum coming up. Once he got a bit of emotional regulation and was able to really express himself verbally, our lives got much more peaceful. Being able to wait for things and negotiate, him being able to do things physically that previously frustrated him, all of it just got easier around 3. Now he's still intense and emotional, but it's reigned in enough that it isn't overwhelming anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
I needed to get birth off the brain so out of boredom I went to my profile and browsed through my posts I've made since becoming pregnant. I'm laughing my butt off. I was so scared about everything all the time! The time I thought I drank freon :lol
And I don't know if I ever vented about it here but I remember when I ate unpasteurized cheese in Mexico and cried for a week because I was sure I had listeriosis. First pregnancies are scary!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Despite "knowing better" that most first timers usually go late, I am starting to get antsy. I just don't feel certain that anything is happening. So, completely against my own advice, I tried checking myself and couldn't even find my cervix. Everything feels super soft and supple (much less muscular than normal). Could it be that my cervix is super soft and I did find it? I like that idea, but I'm not convinced. Sigh... I guess there's just no way around this period of waiting for the mystery unfold...

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I'll admit to having tried to check myself a while ago and couldn't find my cervix either. I like to think it's because it's effaced quite a bit, so there's probably not much cervix left at this point. Also, when we dtd it doesn't irritate me at all, so I take that as a sign that my cervix is well effaced.. Checking is, in practicality, very overrated.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I went to community acupuncture this morning and ran into my midwife. I sheepishly admitted I checked myself and she said "oh, I think that's great! I did it all the time" she also said it could be that my cervix is super soft and effaced. I'll go with that!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I tried finding mine too a few days ago and couldn't. When I got checked at the hospital she had to go way up there and she told me it's because my cervix is still so high. :/

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm excited for tonight. DH and I are going on a date to a yummy local restaurant, and then going to see Amelie at our university cinema. One of my favorite movies! I got all dolled up for tonight with hair, nails, and all. I feel a little more energized with something to look forward to. Tomorrow night some of our good friends invited us over for dinner. Today I'm casting on a new sweater for Henry that has little bunnies on it. I'm glad to be keeping busy.

@bren94 That's what my midwife told me last Saturday when she checked me, too: "high, thick, and closed." I was shocked by how much it hurt!

·
Registered
745 Posts
@knittygritty I love Amelie! That sounds like it'll be so nice. Yeah, it hurt much more than I imagined it would.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is the weirdest DDC crash ever, but I lurk on this forum all the time because I figure I'm as likely to have a late February baby as a March one, but anyway...

We've got our entire iPod on shuffle at the moment, and right when I clicked on this thread a song from Amelie came on, out of all the albums we have on there! It's my favorite movie of all time. I just had to share that cause it was so weird.

That's really all I have to say. :) Hi, February DDC!http://www.mothering.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is the weirdest DDC crash ever, but I lurk on this forum all the time because I figure I'm as likely to have a late February baby as a March one, but anyway...

We've got our entire iPod on shuffle at the moment, and right when I clicked on this thread a song from Amelie came on, out of all the albums we have on there! It's my favorite movie of all time. I just had to share that cause it was so weird.

That's really all I have to say. :) Hi, February DDC!http://www.mothering.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Ha!!! That cracks me up.

·
Registered
745 Posts
@indiana that's so freaky!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Maybe it is a premonition, not a coincidence. The universe might be telling you that you will have it late February. You never know!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I love the idea that it's a premonition and not a coincidence. @indiana, you're hardly a DDC crasher if you're due so close to this month, anyway! Hi to our honorary member/fond lurker. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Aaaaand I'm sick. I came down with a cold and it's hitting me HARD. I pray it goes away before I deliver. I'm miserable.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
bren- I hope you feel better soon! My mom always got sick right before going into labor :)

161 - 180 of 297 Posts