Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Fed Ex regulations for shipping expressed breastmilk? I have to go on a business trip for 3.5 days in Mexico. My company told me I couldn't ship my milk back home because it would be considered "dangerous goods" or something like that. I had planned on having enough freezer stock to get her through, and then bringing the pumped milk home with me as carry on baggage because I'd read that you didn't even have to declare it at customs, but now I don't know if I'll be able to do that with these new no-liquid regs. I know they are making exceptions for formula (and I assume breastmilk) but my guess is that is only if the baby is with you...

The thought of throwing away over 3 days worth of milk sickens me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think the issue is crossing international borders - you could certainly FedEx it inside the US; ask a FedEx office & see - maybe it's OK, or all you need is a letter from a physician? I FedEx blood samples & chilled dog semen all the time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I pumped and fed-exed frozen breastmilk for over a year after a surrogate pregnancy. I never had any problems. You don't need to walk in and tell them what you're shipping. I always had my package completely ready to go and just dropped it off at the counter. I did declare the dry ice on the shipping form. I used an ice chest to ship, and taped it closed thoroughly. If they had ever asked me what was inside (which they never did) I would have stated, "frozen food."

~Kelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.