Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any sandals from the See Kai Run line this year, the ones with the new sizing? Particularly if you found the former sizing too wide (in sandals, particularly.) I know last year we had a longish thread about SKR sizing, and someone got feedback from the company saying that they'd heard that their sandals tended to be too wide across the board, even on kids with wider feet. So they were going to be re-doing the sizing to correct for that.<br><br>
I thought that meant they would be re-doing the sandal sizing, but from their website it looks like they've changed their whole sizing system and the new sizing applies to the spring/summer line that's out now.<br><br>
So....has anyone tried them, and can you offer feedback?<br><br>
I am tempted to try those red sandals (J'Cito) but I'm wondering if I'm risking being suckered a third time! Fool me once, shame on you....and all that. My daughter had "Danny" sandals two summers ago and pretty much was able to wear them only near the end of the summer, and mostly with socks. And I just sold a pair of never-worn SKR sandals from last year's line (I bought them on sale last fall in this summer's size, which is the right size but my daughter was nowhere near to fitting in them. She would totally be swimming in them now, width-wise.) So, I hesitate to trust that the new sizing will solve all our issues. But maybe?<br><br>
Also, any feedback on the new soles, themselves? I really liked their soles already and wonder about the changes.<br><br>
Thanks for anything you can offer!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My DD has two pairs of new summer SKR shoes, one 'tennis shoe' style and one sandal. These are our first two pairs so I don't know if I can help you as I have no reference to previous sizing, but I can tell you what we've found...she's been wearing them about 3 weeks.<br><br>
I like them and like the soles...they are very flexible and get good traction.<br><br>
DD is just at the bottom measurement for size 7 and these shoes (both 7's) fit well I think for new shoes. The sandals are worn without socks and are a little loose, but wearable if she's not running or un-even ground where the sandals do trip her more. The tennis shoes she runs and plays in just fine. They are wide but are not too wide for her, and she doesn't have particularly chubby or wide feet.<br><br>
My complaint is how poorly the toes of the tennis shoes have held up; they are torn badly all the way across the front after less than a month. She does play hard and loves to climb, but I would hope for more durability in a toddlers shoe.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ds had a pair last fall and we just got a new pair, (he'd had a different brand over the winter). I think the new shoes are wider! With the old ones it was a relief to find something that fit his chubby little feet, but these are a bit much. Because of the style they still stay on well and DS walks good in them, but they are pretty wide. But they're shoes, not sandals, maybe the sandals are different? I agree they show wear fast, still, they seem to hold up despite appearances.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My girl has very small & narrow feet. We got a pair of SKR shoes from the new line and they actually fit her much better - i looked at them closely and have found that they are narrower in the heel. The old line just fell right off when she walked they were so wide.<br><br>
I agree on the wear - they looked awful after about 2 weeks. I think they need to work on that...these shoes are for toddlers!<br><br>
I just got her a pair of keen's and they fit soooooo much better than the SKR - all the way around.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Hmmm...I wonder if this accounts for the problems we're having with DD's shoes. She's had a pair of closed toes once (they're a light blue with red and orange circles on top...familiar?) and they're size 3. She can still wear them, but barely. So we bought her a pair of Eden sandals in size 4 for our vacation a couple months ago, but those are STILL huuuuuuge on her! The size jump between 3's and 4's is like...colossal!! I wonder if this is why??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts