Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm planning on trying to goto a tae kwon do class tonight and leave dh with ds and some breastmillk.. only we don't have any bottles and are wondering how DH should warm/feed bm?? ive read you can use spoons... what do you recommend trying?? Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
How old is your child? I've heard of cups, spoons, medicine droppers. How long are you going to be gone? My little one wont eat anything when I'm gone and just tanks up when I get home.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Have you tried the playtex nursers? That was the only kind of bottle that my little ones would take and I liked them because they wouldn't cause nipple confusion.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
A small plastic medicine cup or a medicine dropper will work. I've used both with my twins, though, and I can say that it takes a LOT of patience and time to feed even a small amount. I've never used a spoon, but I guess that would work too. The dropper seems easiest.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
With all due respect, ANY artificial nipple can cause nipple confusion.<br><br>
Sucking and drawing milk out of a bottle is a different action within the baby's mouth than suckling at the breast. Of course, all manufacturers advertise that their product is closest and doesn't cause nipple confusion.<br><br>
To the OP, a soft sided cup can work, like the little cups that come with cold medicine. A dropper can also work.<br><br>
Another idea - can DH drive you to the class, and you nurse DC right before and after, minimizing the time you are separated?

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions... I think he'll see if DS can go the whole time (I'll nurse right before I leave), but will have the BM just in case with a spoon or something to try.<br><br>
It *could* be possible for DH to drive me there and pick me up... but would be a HUGE waste of gas (takes a good 15-20mins each way)...<br><br>
On a slightly unrelated note... I finally got around to trying out the electric breast pump my MIL got me - and it does NOT work!!!!! I mean... it does "work" it just doesn't draw *any* milk out... while the manual one works just fine. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Its a Playtex something or other, and I turned it all the way up to the highest succsion/speed setting, and still nothin. Thoughts??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts