Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across wool leggings that are 100% combed merino wool and they were pretty cheap too. Would they work? lol..I'm getting desperate to get my hands on more wool pants but the wahms seem to be so backed up with orders (understandably so - they are irresistible) and I'm too darned impatient

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Marnie...that is exactly what I was hoping to hear lol. I was iffy about it only because it's a really good deal all things considered - $15.95 a pair (catch is it's a one size - fits to 18 months) but that should work for me. Think I'm going to try a pair. They are an awesome color too!

If anyone else is interested you can find them here:

http://www.store.littlegear.com/protwoolleg.html

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Hang on a sec...

The description says they can be machine washed and dried... doesn't that mean they've been treated to "flatten" the cuticle of the hair so it won't felt???

Doesn't that mean they wouldn't work?

If I'm wrong, someone please explain as I'm trying to figure this stuff out!! LOL!!

Thanks!

Lo

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
well there are two reasons they would be machine washable, one that they are made of some kind of superwash wool (merino or not) and that would make them questionable for covers, some people say superwash works great, some say it doesn't work at all. Most agree it is about = to acrylic or poly, not sure how that would work for pants.

The OTHER reason they may be machine washable is that they are already felted, if that is the case they will still work great no matter what, however felting fabric makes it a LOT less stretchy and supple, so their description makes me think it is more of a superwash thing then a pre-felted thing. And even after felting there will still be some shrinkage each washing for a while.

It is still a good price, but let us know if they work! (if you already ordered them) However if you haven't you might want to e-mail them and ask why they are machine washable if they are 100% wool. ~

Also they aren't really marketed to the cloth diapering use, so they are probably not intended for that, and there for they think washable is a good thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.