Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere (could have been here) where someone suggested bringing the NICU nurses food & treats...
Anyone ever do that?
Today Elora is one month old, and I was thinking of bringing them some cupcakes

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyneburh
We just bought some cookie dough to bake chocolate chip cookies with. I haven't made them yet though.
I did that- then ate all the dough :X

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
The nurses in our NICU had serious chololate cravings, so I asked my mother to bring a big bag of Hershey's Kisses when she came to see DD, as she lives near Hershey, PA. Kind of a local "thank you." The nurses LOVED it!

I'm going back for Sam's NICU clinic on 8/23 and plan to take cookies or something to the nurses to thank them for taking such good care of my babe.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ApplePieBaby
I read somewhere (could have been here) where someone suggested bringing the NICU nurses food & treats...
Anyone ever do that?
Today Elora is one month old, and I was thinking of bringing them some cupcakes
Yep we always brought plates of cookies, would order pizzza sometimes for the night nurses ertc. They LOVE it.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Another thing that is nice for them is to make a plate of cookies or a box of chocolate for each shift. The night nurses were really happy because I had set aside a box with a note for them as well and they said they are often forgotten or that the goodies are gone by the time they start.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
When Maggie was a 1 mo old, My mil baked Irish soda bread (it was St Patricks Day) for the staff. A few days later for St joseph's Day I made pizzelle cookies. It reflected our Italian and Irish heritage. (dh Irish, me Italian)
My bannana bread is the best so when ever possible I would bring one in. I took turns between shifts. Sometimes I would bake it in the am and the day shift got it. Sometimes I made it right before dinner and the overshift got a fresh baked good.

Everyone did it- esp when a month bday came up or leaving day. When MAggie was transferred back to the hospital I had her at to stay at the Special Care Nursery (the nicu was jammed, Maggie didnt need that care anymore) I sent two Edible Arrangements. I sent a huge one in the morning and a smaller one around the shift change that evening. It costs some money but well worth it. When the first one arrived, I guess they announced it over the PA. Then they took pictures of it since it was soo pretty to look at. Before we left that day, everyone in the place came over not only to say good bye to MAggie, but tell me about the fruit arrangement and how wonderful it was.

Then at the Special Care nursery (which had the nicu Drs) the Dr who was on call made a special trip to our area to tell us how much she loved the fruit we sent. When the nursery had a baby that had to transfer to the nicu, the transport team told me that day how much they loved the fruit- this was two weeks later!!

I would say on special days and when your thankful, bring a fruit salad that the staff can enjoy on their meal break, sweet treats go over well, If your baby is there on a holiday- remember the staff is also not at home but there w your baby.

Also- remember to get all shifts. Even if its on different days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts