Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and my dr. says it's due to low estrogen b/c of breastfeeding. I like my OB, and he's a very well-qualified guy and a great doc, so I'm assuming it's true. But, really??? Can anyone verify this?
thanks,
Erin

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Ummm... I am not sure. I would go ask over in bf too and maybe talk to a lactation consultant about it. Doctors- are NOT trained about BF. They have very little knowlege.
I am glad you thought to question him. He may be right- but I would ask around.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I've never heard that estrogen causes a *need-to-pee* feeling. In fact, each time I've been post-partum, I've had the opposite feeling. So, I'm kind wondering what he's basing his *opinion* "scratch

Might you be experiencing a bladder infection?

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Sounds like a bladder infection to me. Are you actually peeing all the time? Or do you just feel like you need to pee?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nak...no, just the feeling. I don't actually have to go. I initially thought UTI as well, but it's been like two months, and it never gets worse or better, so I don't think so. I'm trying some google searches, but nothing so far. I may have to call him back to verify.
-Erin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.