Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 17 weeks and although I have been very sick during this pg I have been in a pretty good mood. I chose to stay on my anti-depressant(Zoloft) this time around because I was so anxious and depressed during my last pg I couldn't sleep, couldn't really enjoy it or get excited, and even had thoughts of suicide/terminating the pg....nuff said. Suddenly during the past week I have completely changed from happy, loving, feeling overwhelming joy and love towards everyone around me to and irritable, angry, short tempered, sad, mess. Granted I have had N/V for 13 weeks and a continuous tension headache that occasionally turns into a migraine for about 6 weeks so it is understandable but that was all going on week ago and I wasn't a mess. Boo! I have tried breathing, taking a walk... some postivie self talk but I am just a little (or rather large) ball of rage right now. I am hoping it is just pg hormones. Can anyone relate. I really just needed to rant and vent!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to hear you're feeling down.

I've also continued to take Zoloft through this pregnancy. My doctor thought it was a much better option than being all stressed out and not sleeping (like you, I had a lot of trouble with sleep last time). So far, so good although I've certainly had my days....

Just wanted to offer some support. Hang in there!

Erin

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I hope you can find some relief. I took antidepressants off and on all through my 20's and now am off them. But I was a raging maniac during my first trimester, even wondering if I was slipping back to the old ways. I can feel your pain. Just wanted to say hang in there!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongFeather View Post
I hope you can find some relief. I took antidepressants off and on all through my 20's and now am off them. But I was a raging maniac during my first trimester, even wondering if I was slipping back to the old ways. I can feel your pain. Just wanted to say hang in there!
yes me too, in my late 20's i was on anti-depressants also for a couple of years. they really helped -that and therapy. so i totally can relate too, hope you get to feeling settled and find your peace. take good care of you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.