Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies!

My first time posting here..hello :smile:

Im due at the very end of Aug...which makes me about 19 weeks now. I've only just last week started feeling fluttery movements which I thought Id be feeling sooner as this is my 2nd. (1st will be 12 yrs soon!)

Are you all feeling a lot of movements?

Just curious!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I started feeling movements early (I tend to), but this one was a lot quieter than most of my other babies. However, it's perked up a LOT in the last week or two (I'm about 22 weeks). Ironically, on the day of my ultrasound last Friday, it was by FAR the most active day of movement we've had so far, constant bladder bouncing, sticking legs out here and there, and tons of kicks. When I finally got to the ultrasound that afternoon, baby was still moving a lot, so much so that we had to have me empty my bladder multiple times and walk the halls twice so that we could try and get baby to settle a little bit (because this one is most active when I'm sitting or laying down).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 20+1 weeks, and just got home from our anatomy ultrasound, where the little peanut was moving around like crazy! However, I haven't felt a thing so far. My placenta is anterior so I guess that could be cushioning the sensations somewhat. Hopefully will feel them soon, I have a doppler so it's been reassuring to hear the heartbeat every day.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having my ultrasound on Friday and was definately feeling gentle fluttery movements today that were unmistakenly baby :)

No kicks yet....but I bet those are coming soon. Belly is growing fast now!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Alvie- I'm about 22 weeks now and have been feeling movement for a while. This little one seems to be very active, especially after I eat and when I lie down :) This is my 2nd baby too, and I think I started feeling movement much earlier than with my first. My hubby an daughter can't feel anything from the outside of my belly yet though. Its fun to feel baby moving around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am 20.5 weeks and I have been feeling movement and little kicks for a couple of weeks. My placenta is also anterior, so the movement is hard to detect unless I am laying down. Yesterday I had my anatomy ultrasound and I drank some orange juice about two hours before – little sucker was going crazy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I started feeling movement at 18 weeks. This will be my first baby.
By 20 weeks my partner could feel some kicks from the outside.
These days (nearing 22 weeks) I'm feeling tons and tons of movement, and hiccups.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my ultrasound on Friday, and they confirmed my date is 25 Aug by the size...my dates were a little uncertain...I thought it would have been a little later in early Sept!

Movement has been a bit more the last few days...especially when I'm lying down calm and relaxed...it kinda feels more like baby is stretching in there more than kicking...I feel moments of pressure on one side...then it subsides...

It's so cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts