Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Yep, I was just sayin that over in the chat thread. I've been feeling kicks consistently for the past week. I'm 17 weeks today! I also feel baby repositioning and stretching.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
so exciting! :love

I have been feeling little movements. Very fleeting but I'm sure it's baby. I feel it then wait to feel it again and it gets quiet. I'm only 14 weeks so in another week I am sure it will get more pronounced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't wait to feel movements consistently! I felt a couple popcorn-y movements last week, but that's it. 16w today and heard a gorgeous heartbeat at my monthly prenatal...hearing that sound just never gets old! I thought for sure I'd feel movements earlier, since this is my second. All in due time =) Hope you all have a wonderful week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can't remember exactly when I felt definite kicks last time, but I know I was feeling tons of movement at the 20 week ultrasound. That is next week, and I still only kind of think im feeling movement. Maybe this babe is just more sedentary than my first, but I am feeling so impatient.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
@taters I am glad to hear your babe may be kinda quiet still. Though hope all those movements kick in soon.

I am stating to wonder. 17w now and still not convinced I have felt anything. There have been a few moments I have wondered but I know I was feeling more movement with my last pregnancies by now. Maybe I am just too busy to notice, though I try to have some quiet contemplative time every night before going to sleep just to focus on the babe.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have felt a few small flutters so far for a few weeks, but nothing really hard/solid. It's weird - I definitely LOOK pregnant at this point (look like six months along even though I'm only 14 weeks), but despite difficulty turning over in bed, bending down, etc. I don't really "feel" pregnant. So different than last time. That said, I'm sure if I stopped taking my nausea medication (*still* trying to wean it) or reflux meds I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune. :wink:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I've finally been feeling movement! Slight kicks and definite rolls! I also think I've been having Braxton hicks.. Is that normal this early? I'm between 16 & 17 weeks :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
@dahlia810 - I've been having noticeable BH since 12 weeks, totally normal. Yay on movement!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Thank goodness! I was starting to worry, I feel like I've had so many today!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
@dahlia810 No worries. I was getting a lot more, but I upped my water intake and it slowed them down. Now I get them now and then. Mostly I just feel baby moving around. She's been a little lazy over the last few days and has mostly just scooted around and changed positions. Not many kicks in the last few days. DH played her some music, but she didn't really respond in any way, maybe she was sleeping.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been having BH since maybe 7 weeks or so. It's so weird, as I didn't get them until probably midway through my second trimester last time. Increasing water intake helps decrease mine, too. Because my uterus isn't as big (yet!), they feel more like regular but light period cramps.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
My BH's feel kind of like baby is pushing out on my stomach with his/her back kinda. Just tightness. I only got them sometime after the 20-25 week point with my first so they threw me off haha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My little one gets quite active when I lay down, but the last couple days I've felt her moving even when I'm up and around. My DH finally felt her kick too! :grin:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I still haven't felt any kicks outside yet. I always feel my tummy when I'm feeling kicks but they've all been too soft yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i'm 20 weeks and just started feeling kicks a couple days ago! (i'm overweight, maybe that's why it took so long?) they always stop when i put my hand on my belly, haha. baby doesnt want an audience yet i guess :) i've also felt some movements that felt like rolls.

·
Registered
684 Posts
HI ladies! I've been MIA the last few weeks because of our cross-country move but we are finally getting settled here in TN.... now that I'm able to sit still more often in the evenings, I've definitely started to notice some kicks! I was surprised it took this long (almost 19 weeks) to really feel them, but my midwife told me I have an anterior placenta so that's likely the reason why the flutters were so few and far between until now. That and I was never sitting still enough to actually pay attention! :) I do love the reassurance that she's in there, gettin comfy!

Reactions: Erica13

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been feeling intermittent flutters for quite a few weeks, but yesterday I got my first solid one. I'm not sure where my placenta is located (I go for my anatomy scan in four weeks) so perhaps it is anterior. I lucked out last time because it was posterior and high, so I never got kicked in the ribs. She's definitely not kicking hard enough yet (16 weeks) to be felt on the outside but I can definitely tell she's moving around. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts