Mothering Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
HI ladies! I've been MIA the last few weeks because of our cross-country move but we are finally getting settled here in TN.... now that I'm able to sit still more often in the evenings, I've definitely started to notice some kicks! I was surprised it took this long (almost 19 weeks) to really feel them, but my midwife told me I have an anterior placenta so that's likely the reason why the flutters were so few and far between until now. That and I was never sitting still enough to actually pay attention! :) I do love the reassurance that she's in there, gettin comfy!
She lives! Glad to have you back!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I'm finally feeling real kicks and movement! Only took 19 weeks lol. I also felt kicks from the outside on Saturday it all feels much more real now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Erica13

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
@dahlia810 yay! I still can't feel them outside. I put dh's hand there once to see if maybe he could feel them too, but nope. I feel plenty on the inside of course though.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
This baby is so much less active than my first! I felt her consistently from around 16 weeks. This baby I feel off and on, but nothing like last time!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same here @dahlia810 They did tell me at my ultrasound that my placenta is on the front, which could be padding a lot of feeling.....but the kicks I do feel are pretty strong, just really infrequent. I'm really looking forward to the really tight rolling and pushing feelings....feeling the baby is such a cool part of pregnancy.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am the total same here with my 2nd pregnancy - my DD was sooo active inside starting about 18 weeks. This babe I do feel a lot more lately (I'm 21 weeks now) but it's super infrequent. I also have an anterior placenta. Pretty much only feel her when I'm laying down resting, which isn't a lot with a 19 mo. Yesterday I was laying on my side and had my hand right inside my left hip and I got a massive kick that I not only felt from the outside, but I felt her little foot too, it caught me so off guard I gasped. I had almost forgotten what that feels like. I can't wait til I can feel her more, it is so much fun!

Last time I got off easy and didn't get too much rib discomfort, so I'm hoping for the same this time...

·
Registered
103 Posts
For my first, I didn't feel much movement for a long time - his placenta was anterior on the front. Once he was born though, he was pretty active. :) This one I've felt movement a lot earlier and a lot more often - and her placenta is posterior. It seems the placenta placement does make a difference in how much we feel and when.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't had placenta placement confirmed yet (two more weeks) but I'm betting money it's anterior. I'm finally feeling her more consistently now that I'm 18 weeks along, but I only feel the kicks on my lower left side and a little bit down and toward my spine. I felt DD1 early at 15 weeks and her placenta was posterior - and I felt every roll, kick, and even tickling! I'm interested to see how this one goes, but I'm a little bummed I'm not feeling more, as it's the best part of being pregnant IMHO and this is our last.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sometimes I just need to be patient. 21 weeks now and so much movement. Even felt from outside too.

Love it.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Anyone got a very active little one inside? Mine likes to wiggle like crazy. I think she might be hiccuping a lot too cus I keep feeling rhythmic vibrations that feel like my whole belly is vibrating. I joked to dh today that baby must be throwing a dance party in there with a bunch of glow sticks and how I half expect to hear dubstep.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine has rapidly become a mover and shaker...night and day from what I was feeling a few weeks ago! I can see big kicks from the outside now too, which is so cool!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Lol @funfunkyfantastic ! The dub step made me laugh!

·
Registered
103 Posts
My little girl is getting quite a bit more active now too. Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep with her wiggles and kicks. :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts