Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prior post 2 weeks ago was just my feeling of burden, knowing now that I'm having another boy, etc. I appreciated all the insight, comments, etc.

Having a hb will save him. My dh has not brought it up since the car ride home from the U/S. I told him I would not have circ'd our other sons and that seemed to surprise him, but he left it alone. I don't think we'll have any "issues" about it. I told him flat out the AAP does not recommend it anymore and that seemed to end the converstation.

I'm letting go of all my societial fears. I'm happy to be doing the right thing on behalf of my 3rd son. It's his choice and he can't make it as an infant. I'm simply sitting here looking forward to his birth and knowing he will be free from unnecessary cruelty and pain.

And someday he'll enjoy the aspects of being intact that his brothers and father can not, of course, I don't really think I want to know about that from him -- not exactly a mother/ son conversation...

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra375 View Post

I'm letting go of all my societial fears. I'm happy to be doing the right thing on behalf of my 3rd son. It's his choice and he can't make it as an infant.

I'm so proud of you for getting rid of your societal fears and the burden that comes along with that.

Hopefully, though, you'll get to the point where you don't consider it a choice at all.........even for your adult son. (If, as an adult, my daughter wanted genital surgery, I would really worry about her mental heath. I wouldn't want her to consider it a "choice" at all.)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by A&A View Post
Hopefully, though, you'll get to the point where you don't consider it a choice at all.........even for your adult son. (If, as an adult, my daughter wanted genital surgery, I would really worry about her mental heath. I wouldn't want her to consider it a "choice" at all.)
Well Adults are Adults and some are crazy, we can only hope our children aren't the crazy ones that are into body mutilation after we've agonized over the big and the little all their lives in our homes!!! I thinking about those 'artist' who have piercings they hang their bodies from, enlarging earlobes or lips, some women do remove parts of their um, "hoods" for 'better sexual experiences', there are all kinds of weirdos out there. I googled a body piercing word from the salon brochure I go to -- it lead me down a path I did not know exisited -- piercing genitals for fun...
:

All that said, I would hope my intact boys don't choose circing b/c they 'feel like' or 'think it will be better' -- but if their adults, it's their body at that point and we live in a world of "freedom of choice".

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
I live close to you and know of several intact boys in this area.

I am so glad you have come to this decision and congratulations on your gestating little one!

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
But you don't leave a daughter intact thinking, "She can always decide for herself later." It should be the same for sons.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm glad and proud you're respecting his body, his rights. I'm also very proud/glad you're willing to not make the same mistake over and over again. Sadly, so often, some parents will continue to circumcise their boys, even after they realize it's wrong, just so the other brothers won't "feel different" (nothing wrong with being different in so many other human capacities). And I believe circumcision seems to be the ONLY mistake parents are willing to inflict on others to bandage the mistakes, rather than learn from them. What you're doing is incredibly brave, besides logical because you have circ'd sons. I applaud you for breaking that chain of abuse! It's easier to break than people think if you really put your mind to it.

I understand your previous sons were done because of lack of the right kind of information, so I hope you don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure you'll teach them the benefits of an intact being.

http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/5...rcumcision.htm

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsoap View Post
And I believe circumcision seems to be the ONLY mistake parents are willing to inflict on others to bandage the mistakes, rather than learn from them. [/url]
Oh, you'd be surprised. Unfortunately I don't think that this type of mentality is linked just to circ.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Another Virginian mom to two intact boys here...congrats on educating yourself and letting go of your fears!

I truly believe that our sons' generation will mark a turning point in this issue.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheacoby View Post
Congrats!! Good for you (and your baby) that you educated yourself and let go of your fear!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
:
You'll find, too, that the intact penis is very easy to take care of. Just wash it off like a finger. It's much easier than caring for the wounded penis of a newly circ'ed baby.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
When you have your baby and see how perfect his body looks, you'll have no doubts at all you made the right decision to leave him intact.

How someone can look at a bloody wound, and think they did the right thing is beyond me.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts