Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
16,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra375 View Post

I'm letting go of all my societial fears. I'm happy to be doing the right thing on behalf of my 3rd son. It's his choice and he can't make it as an infant.

I'm so proud of you for getting rid of your societal fears and the burden that comes along with that.

Hopefully, though, you'll get to the point where you don't consider it a choice at all.........even for your adult son. (If, as an adult, my daughter wanted genital surgery, I would really worry about her mental heath. I wouldn't want her to consider it a "choice" at all.)

· Premium Member
16,194 Posts
But you don't leave a daughter intact thinking, "She can always decide for herself later." It should be the same for sons.

· Premium Member
16,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsoap View Post
And I believe circumcision seems to be the ONLY mistake parents are willing to inflict on others to bandage the mistakes, rather than learn from them. [/url]
Oh, you'd be surprised. Unfortunately I don't think that this type of mentality is linked just to circ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.