Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prior post 2 weeks ago was just my feeling of burden, knowing now that I'm having another boy, etc. I appreciated all the insight, comments, etc.

Having a hb will save him. My dh has not brought it up since the car ride home from the U/S. I told him I would not have circ'd our other sons and that seemed to surprise him, but he left it alone. I don't think we'll have any "issues" about it. I told him flat out the AAP does not recommend it anymore and that seemed to end the converstation.

I'm letting go of all my societial fears. I'm happy to be doing the right thing on behalf of my 3rd son. It's his choice and he can't make it as an infant. I'm simply sitting here looking forward to his birth and knowing he will be free from unnecessary cruelty and pain.

And someday he'll enjoy the aspects of being intact that his brothers and father can not, of course, I don't really think I want to know about that from him -- not exactly a mother/ son conversation...

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by A&A View Post
Hopefully, though, you'll get to the point where you don't consider it a choice at all.........even for your adult son. (If, as an adult, my daughter wanted genital surgery, I would really worry about her mental heath. I wouldn't want her to consider it a "choice" at all.)
Well Adults are Adults and some are crazy, we can only hope our children aren't the crazy ones that are into body mutilation after we've agonized over the big and the little all their lives in our homes!!! I thinking about those 'artist' who have piercings they hang their bodies from, enlarging earlobes or lips, some women do remove parts of their um, "hoods" for 'better sexual experiences', there are all kinds of weirdos out there. I googled a body piercing word from the salon brochure I go to -- it lead me down a path I did not know exisited -- piercing genitals for fun...
:

All that said, I would hope my intact boys don't choose circing b/c they 'feel like' or 'think it will be better' -- but if their adults, it's their body at that point and we live in a world of "freedom of choice".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.