Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just over 12 weeks now and this weekend I have just kinda been feeling yucky over all and crampy in the uterus area. No spotting, just crampy. I'm not sure if I should be worried or if this is normal with a growing uterus (especially since I'm the home for two little beans). Anyone else feeling crampy down there too? This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what is normal, so i don't want to get too concerned if it really is nothing. HELP????

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Have you had sex recently? I know that I've felt more pulling down there recently and I'm definitely 'popped' now as it doesn't go away when I go to the bathroom LOL

Just be aware and if you get really nervous, give your healthcare provider a call.

Hugs and thoughts!

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I have been crampy too! Mine seems very related to digestion. It is my uterus cramping but it is irritated by whatever is moving through the pipes. I think it is normal when your uterus is growing to have cramping. Are they mild?

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Many times around 12-14 weeks there is mild crampiness due to an influx of relaxin. It is helping your body move your pelvis to move to support your growing uterus. I am almost 15 weeks and I had a major bout of crampiness that week. Plus major back pain
:.

Also have you been experiencing any round ligament pain? That sometimes can feel kinda cramp-like, usually on one side. Plus like a pp said, sex can cause some crampy feelings too.

· Registered
306 Posts
I've had that crampy feeling quite a bit recently also. Sometimes it does seem to be digestive, even though it feels like uterine cramps, and sometimes I've been guessing it's everything moving around. I found out at my last appt. that my uterus is very tipped to the back, and that it will begin to move forward into a more upright position in the next couple of weeks ... which can cause pain and cramps.
I would definitely think that having two LOs in there could lead to an increase in cramping/stretching as your body adjusts.

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are great!! You all totally helped calm my nerves a ton. I don't know what I would do without this site and all of you wonderful ladies!!! Come to think of it, we did actually dtd on Thurs night so that might be part of it, but I wonder if the crampy feeling would last this long? I have felt it more on the Left side I've noticed and I have no clue what round ligament pain feels like, but it might be. Thanks again.

· Registered
577 Posts
I'm having similar cramping. Low-key and on the left side. I'm 15 weeks. I always thought the left side had to do with bowels that needed to empty...but I've gone twice today which is not like me at all!

I wouldn't know what the round ligament pain feels like. I guess as long as it's dull cramping and not sharp and severe I am not too worried. But certainly alert and curious about it. These are uncharted waters for me and I feel pretty clueless.

· Registered
409 Posts
i remember being very crampy during my first pregnancy, all through my first and the beginning of my second trimester. I really don't remember exactly when it ended. at the time I was seeing a perintologist (I don't think I spelt that right, but she is a doctor who specialized in high-risk pregnancies) and she told me that basically nothing had ever been in my uterus before bigger than a cell. Most of my cramping was stretching pains due to the size of baby my uterus now had to accompany, even though baby is still a tiny bean. I can only imagine this would be more so when you are carrying twins.

This is my third baby in 3 1/2 years, so you would think I would be completely stretched and accustomed to babies inside, but I still get the occasional cramps/uterus stretching pains now. It is not nearly as frequent as with baby #1 though.

· Registered
44 Posts
Did I read correctly that you are expecting twins? First of all congrats!!
So am I
:
And yes I have been crampy, 13 wks and a couple of days. I have had spotting on and off. Plenty of ultrasounds (not what I typically do) that showed two healthy heartbeats and plenty of movement. I have connected locally with other moms of multiples and they have reassured me that this crampy feeling was common with them as well.
SOmetimes it gets the best of me and I have found myself getting checked out... much better than worrying myself sick ya know ?!

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by figuresk8ermom View Post
Did I read correctly that you are expecting twins? First of all congrats!!
So am I
:
And yes I have been crampy, 13 wks and a couple of days. I have had spotting on and off. Plenty of ultrasounds (not what I typically do) that showed two healthy heartbeats and plenty of movement. I have connected locally with other moms of multiples and they have reassured me that this crampy feeling was common with them as well.
SOmetimes it gets the best of me and I have found myself getting checked out... much better than worrying myself sick ya know ?!
figuresk8ermom: Yep, there are two in there!!! Congrats to you too!!! I have my 2nd OB appt on Friday and i'm hoping to hear two heart beats again. Never heard them in her office, only with both U/S we had at 6wks and 8wks so i'm a little nervous. When are you due?

Everyone: The good news is my cramping has kinda stopped so that is good. It was there on Monday and then tues I felt so much better. I'm sure it is just a phase. Thanks again everyone for all the support and sharing your story too. Calms my heart, especially since this is my first and I have no clue what to expect.
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.