Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having lots of braxton hicks contractions, which always go away if I drink a bunch of water, but lately I've been feeling crampy down low in my abdomen. Just a little, and its not so painful that I can't walk around or have a conversation the whole time its happening - but sometimes it does just make me want to get on my birth ball and sit, or lean over it to take the pressure off my back. It's super irregular - maybe twice/day spaced out over several hours. Baby's movements haven't changed, and I'm just wondering if the crampy feeling is normal?

I think I mentioned it to my midwife yesterday and she didn't seem concerned, but just looking for some reasurrance I guess, or some insight about whether I should be concerned. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Been doing that since 32 weeks. I DO go lie on the birth ball or do whatever my body tells me to and trust that it will keep that baby in anyway. But mine ARE taking away my ability to talk, which isn't usual for me--I was able to talk through my entire labor and delivery with my daughter, except transition.

ETA: It was a mostly natural labor (there was pitocin and antibiotics involved, unfortunately, messing up my natural labor) that led to a cesarean after 22 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I guess it can be pretty normal, I had such bad cramping a couple weeks ago that I had to stop in the store repeatedly before i could start walking again. I was SO sure it had done something to my cervix....SO i had the doc check me and NOPE, it was the same as it was before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.