Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 38 weeks as of yesterday. so monday went to mw and because of questions about my cervix from a '95 cryosurgery had an internal exam. i know, i know but i think it was important since many women after that surgery have scar tissue and a hard time dillating and I can't reach my cervix myself (short fingers. long... sorry too much info

Anyway, showed 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. didn't mean alot to me but my sis wrote me back and said it took her hours of hard labor to get that far!?
So starting yesterday I have begun feeling "fluey" - headache, stomache (hungry but nauseaus at same time with a sour stomache feeling) ache, general aches and pains - no fever, coughing, sneezing or phlegm. I am also extremely emotional, more than I already was.
no bloody show or anything. what do you guys think? is this part of getting ready for labor (I wasn't planning on having to deal with labor and this crappy headache, body aches...)?? thoughts?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I dunno! It's so hard because every woman is different! My sister-in-law has been at 2 cms for weeks on end now. They even had her on bedrest saying she was never going to make it to her due date (march 24)....she's been up and about for a while now and big fat nothing!!! On the other hand I've heard of women who are tight as a drum at their appt and then go into labor later that night. Some women have no signs of labor before it starts and some have pre-labor for days beforehand. So all that to say: who knows???
Sorry I'm not any help at all. I would just hate for you to get your hopes up ya know?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just had not heard anyone say they got "fluey" before labor. who knows either way I guess but just wanted as many anecdotal advice or thoughts from you more experienced moms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.