Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know I probably sound neurotic but I have a question, or maybe a concern. Last night I had to use the washroom (big surprise...) and when I tried to get out of bed, I felt a strong pulling sensation (painful for about 10 seconds) in my lower abdomen. I chalked it up to just trying to get out of bed too quickly and maybe a strained abdominal or pelvic muscle. Well, went back to bed and then this morning when I woke up, things have just felt different. I don't feel as "secure" or as "stable" in my abdomen/pelvic area. I took my regular morning walk and it sometimes hurt to walk or it felt like things were moving around that shouldn't be moving around. As I'm sitting here doing some computer work, I still feel as though something isn't right...I can't explain it.

I can't explain this very well and I'm sure this is just the way pregnancy goes and being it my first time, I'm not sure what to expect. Has anyone ever felt this? Am I being silly?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Baby could easily have changed position a bit.

If you feel that something is different, that is ok. If you feel like something isn't right, or is just plain wrong, call your care provider. That's what you pay them for!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....I just don't want to sound like I'm freaking out about a silly thing like a muscle strain. But you're right, if I don't feel right, I should call my MW. The baby does feel "lower" so maybe he or she dropped a little? Who knows....

I'll see how I feel later today...there have been no changes in my bowel movements or urintation so I think everything should be fine. I'm probably just being overly concerned.....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ah, blessed relaxin!

Your ligaments will stretch and become more flexible in prep for birth.

(some days I'm so 'loose' feel like I need to pee ALL THE TIME.....:
)

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
It sounds like round ligament pain to me. I get it too. I attribute it to her growth causing my growth which in turn causes ligament pain...

If you're very worried though, definitely call your mw.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah I get that from time to time too, my ligaments are no where near as tight as they once were and I get those pulling pains if I move just right...er wrong.

Hope you're feeling better soon, mama!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone....I'm feeling much better now that I have good words from you all! I think I was just over-reacting a little bit, it being the first time and all. Its so strange to have the sensation of having no power over my body! Thanks again!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts